Author Topic: Richard O Smith book talk Boston - Friday 14th September, 7.30pm @ Waterstones  (Read 6004 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Richard O Smith, the writer behind the superb Boston United fanzine From Behind Your Fences, well known in 80s and 90s, will be in Boston on Friday 14th September to promote his new book.

Richard, a current Radio 4 and BBC2 comedy writer, will be appearing at Waterstones at 7.30pm to talk about Britain’s most eccentric sports – the subject of his newly published tome.

Promises to be a funny evening – I went on his Oxford walking tour a couple of years ago and it was hilarious.

The event is open to all and is, of course, FREE!

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
Ah the creator of Farmer Dan.
I will try and make that.
Hope he gets a bit of publicity in the press next week.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
How come Pete gets sticky posts. Is he shagging Ken?   ;D

Zadi Smith was in Waterstones, Gower Street on Wednesday (I think it was).  She is slightly more famous than Richard and his elf Pete.

Did not bother seeing her as not interested. Got a few ordnance survey explorer maps instead.

What is a bookshop doing open at 7.30pm?  Is Richard purely nocturnal these days?
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I wondered when this knobhead would rear his head....   ::)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Check out the impsTALK "From Behind Your Fences" archive for some of the previous outputs of Richard O Smith.

And while you're there you might as well have a read of Pete's latest offering - including some choice quotes from Bob Mugfret-Fishhead.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:58:17 AM by Ken Fox »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I wondered when this knobhead would rear his head....   ::)

Should I take that as a "yes" then Ken-shagger?   ;D
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2008/06/23/6950/comic_on_tour_(...sort_of)

In case any of you mutts accidentally turn your dial to Radio 4....... :dan

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Britains-Eccentric-Sports-Richard-Smith/dp/0752464132

In case you have managed to escape from Boston - but do hurry copies in short supply (Should have done a longer print run Dickie - of say 20 copies)  :bunny

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
Mark - I know you like to provoke a reaction - an understatement. And generally like to come on here and belittle anyone and everything. But why demean Richard? Were you two in the same year at BGS and were in opposing gangs!!?? Richard has been plugging away using his writing skills now for many years and deserves to have this on a sticky. To think back in the early days of FBYF it was banned by Blackwell/Malkinson yet he went onto win Football Writer of the Year because of it. Surely it is on in the evening to allow normal working people to attend and no doubt for Richard to travel up to Boston. Have you had any books published?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Mark - I know you like to provoke a reaction - an understatement. And generally like to come on here and belittle anyone and everything. But why demean Richard? Were you two in the same year at BGS and were in opposing gangs!!?? Richard has been plugging away using his writing skills now for many years and deserves to have this on a sticky. To think back in the early days of FBYF it was banned by Blackwell/Malkinson yet he went onto win Football Writer of the Year because of it. Surely it is on in the evening to allow normal working people to attend and no doubt for Richard to travel up to Boston. Have you had any books published?

Mr Scouse needs some boxing gloves, he might get a good nights sleep then,and be a bit more likeable.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Zadi Smith was in Waterstones, Gower Street on Wednesday (I think it was).  She is slightly more famous than Richard and his elf Pete.

Did not bother seeing her as not interested. Got a few ordnance survey explorer maps instead.

What is a bookshop doing open at 7.30pm?  Is Richard purely nocturnal these days?
Does Zadi Smith have any connection to BUFC?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Does Zadi Smith have any connection to BUFC?

Does she need one?  :)  We could make her an honorary fan if you like. Would that help you? :o