Author Topic: O/T boston crime stats  (Read 23967 times)

amberarmy

• View Profile
O/T boston crime stats
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:08:05 AM »
hi all

the debate about the impact of foreign nationals goes on and there will always be both positive and negative views of having them here

i've noticed on another thread there is differing views concerning a recent incident involving (allegedly) a foreign national so i've decided to begin recording the figures of all the court cases dealt with by boston magistrates and reported in the boston standard and/or the boston target

i will not be recording anyone who's been referred to lincoln crown court

so starting from last weeks papers (wednesday july 18th 2012)

there were 5 crimes committed by foreign nationals all of which were men
there were 4 crimes by locals/brits of which two were men and two were women

foreign crimes = 55.5%
locals crimes   = 45.5%

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T boston crime stats
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
hi all

the debate about the impact of foreign nationals goes on and there will always be both positive and negative views of having them here

i've noticed on another thread there is differing views concerning a recent incident involving (allegedly) a foreign national so i've decided to begin recording the figures of all the court cases dealt with by boston magistrates and reported in the boston standard and/or the boston target

foreign crimes = 55.5%
locals crimes   = 45.5%
On the latest official figures it shows that Boston's population has increased by 15.8% since the 2001 census.  We all agree that the majority of this rise is by migrant workers.  So on the working out above 55.5% of crimes is being committed by 15.8% of the population of Boston.  I rest my case
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
hi all

foreign crimes = 55.5%
locals crimes   = 45.5%
On the latest official figures it shows that Boston's population has increased by 15.8% since the 2001 census.  We all agree that the majority of this rise is by migrant workers.  So on the working out above 55.5% of crimes is being committed by 15.8% of the population of Boston.  I rest my case

i think its a bit early to start analysing the stats - give it three months and perhaps a clearer picture may emerge

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
Maybe the "foreign nationals" are just rubbish criminals and keep getting caught (unlike the locals) ?

Anyway Amber what do you propose doing with all this criminality? You yourself are an "incomer" / "stranger" so should we be suspicious of you?  Or do you consider yourself a naturalised Boston inbred?

More worrying is that you chose to move to Boston when most people are trying to escape!  xxxxx   :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »
I might be wrong but I have always been under the impression that not all crimes are reported in the local press?

Its also worth noting that two recent deaths have occured due to attacks committed by English nationals on foreign nationals.  I certainly dont think the issue is as black and white as some would have you believe.  I also think its unfair to simply brand all foreign nationals as criminals.  In many cases it is foreign nationals themselves that are victims of the crimes perpertrated by other foreign nationals.   I suspect that all crime in the town is being committed by a  smaller percentage than 15% and the issue is a concern for the vast majority of the population - English and foreign.

It would certainly be interesting to see some credible statistics.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »
Good post Maxross! Not all foreigners are bad.Luckily I live next to a polish family who are law abiding and polite.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
KON,

Would they be the Johnsons of Johnson and Johnson by any chance?

Uncle Scouse   ;)

The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
I might be wrong but I have always been under the impression that not all crimes are reported in the local press?

Its also worth noting that two recent deaths have occured due to attacks committed by English nationals on foreign nationals.  I certainly dont think the issue is as black and white as some would have you believe.  I also think its unfair to simply brand all foreign nationals as criminals.  In many cases it is foreign nationals themselves that are victims of the crimes perpertrated by other foreign nationals.   I suspect that all crime in the town is being committed by a  smaller percentage than 15% and the issue is a concern for the vast majority of the population - English and foreign.

i never claimed the figures will tell all the facts people may wish to know before forming an opinion

think of it more as a guide

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
Maybe the "foreign nationals" are just rubbish criminals and keep getting caught (unlike the locals) ?

Anyway Amber what do you propose doing with all this criminality? You yourself are an "incomer" / "stranger" so should we be suspicious of you?  Or do you consider yourself a naturalised Boston inbred?

More worrying is that you chose to move to Boston when most people are trying to escape!  xxxxx   :bunny

what are you wittering on about?

if you look closely i did say the figures for locals/BRITS

i've never claimed either that i am a born and bred bostonian although i think the fact i've been here since i was 5 years old (i'm 40 now by the way ;D) entitles me to some sort of view on things whether you agree with it or not

by the way......i arrived in boston in 1976......i don't seem to remember many trying to leave as we arrived???????

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »

i never claimed the figures will tell all the facts people may wish to know before forming an opinion

think of it more as a guide

No disrespect intended Amber Army, its just that the "guide" is open to manipulation of the editors of the newspapers.  They may be pro or anti immigration and thus manipulating the content to suit their agenda.  

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
...also ignoring Lincoln crown court means that you'll only gather information about the most minor cases?  For example this week, you'll make note of the woman who got sozzled and fell asleep on her employer's settee but ignore the death by dangerous driving incident?

How are you judging "foreign"  - purely on their name?  I went to school with two lads who had a Polish father and hence surname - where do they fit in the Amber Army scale of "foreignness"?

Utter jingoistic tosh.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:58:01 PM »
The biggest known criminal connected with Boston was non English Ferret! ;D

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
update including this weeks papers

there have been 7 crimes involving foreign nationals all of which were by men
there have been 7 crimes from locals/brits of which five were by men and two by women

foreign crimes = 50%
locals crimes = 50%

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
...also ignoring Lincoln crown court means that you'll only gather information about the most minor cases?  For example this week, you'll make note of the woman who got sozzled and fell asleep on her employer's settee but ignore the death by dangerous driving incident?

How are you judging "foreign"  - purely on their name?  I went to school with two lads who had a Polish father and hence surname - where do they fit in the Amber Army scale of "foreignness"?

Utter jingoistic tosh.

its not always easy to determine whether a case at lincoln crown court would have originally been deliberated by our own magistrates

besides it seems most people are concerned with the general impact from anti social behaviour,theft,driving offences and drunkeness - the majority of which are usually dealt with by local magistrates

before anyone else wants to have a go just accept i'm simply supplying the facts based on the specified criteria and leave the debate open to those who wish to establish a view based on the info i give