Author Topic: Farsley Celtic  (Read 7888 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Farsley Celtic
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:00:15 AM »
Just been looking on the NLZ forum.Seems like they locked the gates at 4pm yesterday and that Farsley are no more........

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
Re: Farsley Celtic
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »
not good news.. I read somewhere that Salisbury City have gone into admin as well.. docked -10

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
It certainly makes you appreciate David and Neil a bit more doesn't it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:40:15 PM »
Thankfully all fans appreciate what D&N have done ,to pull of what they have done in the present state of the economy amounts to nothing less than monumental .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »

Thankfully all fans appreciate what D&N have done ,to pull of what they have done in the present state of the economy amounts to nothing less than monumental .

I echo your post GHM, Without the Chestnuts BUFC would be extinct, hopefully with the housing market beginning to pick up at last, things should lookup on the financial front, there is still a long way to go in turning BUFC football club round from the mess it was in when the Chesnuts came to the rescue, but with sound sensible management now being shown in all departments of the club, and with regular solid support from the fans, this club will once again raise from the chaos it was in when D N and N K took control, well done lads to all concerned.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

I echo your post GHM, Without the Chestnuts BUFC would be extinct, hopefully with the housing market beginning to pick up at last, things should lookup on the financial front, there is still a long way to go in turning BUFC football club round from the mess it was in when the Chesnuts came to the rescue, but with sound sensible management now being shown in all departments of the club, and with regular solid support from the fans, this club will once again raise from the chaos it was in when D N and N K took control, well done lads to all concerned.

Here here, nicely put

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »
Can only echo what's been said in the last few posts.What the Farsley fans are feeling today could have been us two years ago.Well done the Chestnuts and everyone who have worked so hard to ensure that we still have a club to support.

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »
Agree with all that is said here. I know we think it expensive going to watch BU compared to what other clubs charge but in a way it's like paying insurance. If it gives the club security, pays the bills etc it has to be worthwhile and judging by the number of supporters who are turning up they must think so as well.
There must be some folk who think that if the entrance fee was reduced there would be more people coming through the gates. If it was affordable the management could try a very short term experiment of reducing gate fees and see if the attendances would increase. If it did increase they may well make the same amount of money on the gate receipts and possibly make more money from programme sales and bar and food takings.
Anyway I think it's bloody great how things are developing thanks to owners/management/team.  

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
 If I see DN tomos I ll shake his hand 
   ps I think its 9 quids to get in Burscough..

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 05:42:24 PM »
Further to the earlier statement issued in respect of Farsley Celtic Football Club Limited, the Football Conference has been contacted mid afternoon by the Administrator.

The Administrator has stated that a new consortium wishing to purchase the football club have satisfied the administrator that funding is now available to allow tomorrows fixture at home to Stalybridge Celtic in the Blue Square North to proceed as scheduled.

The Board whilst recognising their earlier statement, appreciate that in the interest of the competition and the other member clubs playing in the Blue Square North, that this reversal should proceed, taking into account that it did not wish to see people inconvienced or put to unjustified expense attending this fixture unless it could be guaranteed that it would take place.

Both clubs have been kept updated throughout the afternoon as events have unfolded.

The Football Conference Board will now urgently seek clarification from the administrator as to the long term future of Farsley Celtic FC Ltd.

**SOURCE**

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »
When comparing admission prices it must be taken into account that at Boston we are watching football in a football league standard stadium .  Standing in a windswept ground with a barbed wire perimiter little cover and maybe a slopping pitch like at many away games makes how prices seem about right. I have not seen on forums or heard at matches visitors complaining.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 03:12:54 PM »
Great to see everyone recognising the debt of gratitude we owe David and Neil. You say you will shake  DNs hand when you see him at Burscough, That will not be dificult, as all of that travel know He makes himself available to all fans walking amongst us and scoffing a Burger that He buys at the same stall as us,no Chairman could be more accessible. I know it is often said we should not look back but at times we should just to remind ourselves of the fact that we were hours away from extinction and despite the shocking setbacks we have suffered since then these Men have defied those would have seen us perrish and have given us all the pleasure and and a new belief that we will prosper as a club. 

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
just up on sky sports farsley 1 0 up are they still playing then

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
Di d n't see him to-day at the refeshment hatch ..mind U they were a bit challenged fulfilling  orders at Half-time..

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
one of many part time teams in trouble due to rising costs in football,

im glad we are almost fully clear of our troubles now and can just look onwards and upwards !