Author Topic: Boston United target three more summer signings  (Read 2714 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boston United target three more summer signings
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »

PILGRIMS assistant boss Graham Hyde could raid former club Redditch as he and Jason Lee target three more summer signings.

Manager Lee wants to strengthen in every area before United kick off their Blue Square Bet North campaign at Droylsden on August 18.

And new number two Hyde has held tentative talks with "good, hungry players" at Redditch, where he was assistant manager last season.

Redditch play a level below in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division. but Hyde has identified players who could step up a level.

"There two or three players that I've identified from my time there," said the former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder.

"It is a factor getting those players across (because of the travelling) and that's been left open for the moment.

"But I have had conversations with good players who were at Redditch who I believe could make the step up. They're good, young players.

"They all have a physical presence and physical attributes. We'll see how that develops."

Hyde and Lee have also discussed adding a helping of experience to Boston's young squad, and how to replace key midfielder Danny Sleath, who has joined Nuneaton Town.

"We've got more than 14 players signed from last season so now there's just a bit of tinkering with three or four new players, which is great. It shows continuity," added Hyde.

"I don't know Danny, but I've heard rave reviews about him.

"But that happens in football, sometimes your best players move on.

"You've got to get round that and hopefully replace him with good players.

"Through the spine of the team, it is good to have some experience. I know that from past experience.

"Myself and Jason have spoken about bringing in some experience.

"We've got a lot of good, young players. Technically they're very gifted although physically we're not the biggest team.

"Through the spine of the team, that's where we're looking to improve."

After returning to training last week, the Pilgrims play their first pre-season match at Sleaford Town on Tuesday (July 17).

That is followed by a trip to Rainworth Miners Welfare the following Saturday.

The Pilgrims' first home match of pre-season is against Mansfield Town on Saturday, July 28.

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Boston United target three more summer signings
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »
Odd that he says they want 3 new players, has spoken to 3 "young hungry" Redditch players but says the squad needs more experience....

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
That is just normal Patter procedure...though to contradict yourself completely in the space of a few sentences does take a bit of effort, he should fit in quite well  :dan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Odd that he says they want 3 new players, has spoken to 3 "young hungry" Redditch players but says the squad needs more experience....
When a manager/assistant talks to 3 players, it doesn't always mean he wants to sign all 3, maybe 1 or 2 out of the 3.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
Ha! Love it  ;D

That is just normal Patter procedure...though to contradict yourself completely in the space of a few sentences does take a bit of effort, he should fit in quite well  :dan