Author Topic: Stripes it is then.  (Read 4716 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stripes it is then.
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:40:03 AM »
Nice, will look forward to watching the lads playing in the new strip.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Stripes it is then.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
Maybe I'll be in a minority - but I don't like it!! Don't like the white piping and, although I'm grateful to the sponsors, that big block of red looks horrible. The shirt doesn't seem to 'hang' well across the shoulders and down from the chest - and you'd have thought that, as the shirt is being modelled for us all to see, someone would have made sure the whole of the club badge was visible!! Moan over but, if we're winning on a regular basis, I won't care how horrible the shirt looks!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »
well K P name them players in pink /hope they play as well as they smile

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
KP got to agree with you, Shirt style is rubbish. As for the Sponsers name In red and white ruins it completely. Would have preferred a style like away strip mainly Amber with black. I think it would have looked real smart. Still who are we! only the people that will buy or not buy the replicas.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »
Maybe I'll be in a minority - but I don't like it!! Don't like the white piping and, although I'm grateful to the sponsors, that big block of red looks horrible. The shirt doesn't seem to 'hang' well across the shoulders and down from the chest - and you'd have thought that, as the shirt is being modelled for us all to see, someone would have made sure the whole of the club badge was visible!! Moan over but, if we're winning on a regular basis, I won't care how horrible the shirt looks!!

BUFC wore this type of shirt when we "won" The Conference.....

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
Wont be buying one at £39.50. What a rip-off. These shirts are bought in at a fraction of that amount. Make em £19.50 and the Club may shift a load but it will be the same old die hard few that fork out at the current price.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »

And more recently, the UniBond Play Offs...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
Wont be buying one at £39.50. What a rip-off. These shirts are bought in at a fraction of that amount. Make em £19.50 and the Club may shift a load but it will be the same old die hard few that fork out at the current price.

DL

As a parent of a football mad youngster, football shirts offer great value.  He wears his at least twice if not three times a week in all weathers and they're still in great condition by the time he grows out of them.  Same can't be said for the stupidly over priced Next nonsense her indoors puts him in.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

And more recently, the UniBond Play Offs...

...and, imo, both looked much smarter than this new offering. We seemed to have swapped between plain and striped (of various sorts) shirts in the 45+ years I've been watching BUFC and I don't really mind either - I just don't like the overall design of the new shirt, but that's just me.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
At least there are vertical stripes, not the horizontals - never flatter the average football fan!