Author Topic: Fans Forum!  (Read 25607 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fans Forum!
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
No comments yet from anybody! Looks like it might be a low attendance apart from the Happy Clappers brigade !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fans Forum!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »
Good to lay on this fans forum , I like many so called "happy clappers " ( i.e that is we don,t moan much ) look forward to it .
It will be a chance for those who continuly point out the shortcomings of the management to but over their views and advice .  Sure they will not throw up this opportunity to turn up
and offer to share their knowledge with Jason .
Has for us "happy clappers" I suppose we will sit and listen to management and directors
putting over realistic and sustainable ideas rather than unachievable dreams .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Well said GHM. I will be there and be asking some searching questions of both the board and the management team.
I really do feel Jason ought to explain why he is determined to carry on playing and whether that is the reason the new assistant was brought in ( NLP  lasdt Sunday ) surely he should be concentrating on managing if he is to achieve his ambitions in club management.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Personally I'd love to see KoN and others give their opinions to JL, I'm sure they'd get a full and frank response.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »
Personally I'd love to see KoN and others give their opinions to JL, I'm sure they'd get a full and frank response.

He'd have to be careful, KON et al have a pack mentality!
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:27:51 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
Our opinions will be shown by the non renewal season ticket! Pointless forum with so little signings so far.I guess it's only been called to boost the beer sales ect.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »
Our opinions will be shown by the non renewal season ticket! Pointless forum with so little signings so far.I guess it's only been called to boost the beer sales ect.

Excellent, a nice quiet season ahead ;) Oh...... et cetera is etc a simple assimilation, not ect that's something very different, you should know that!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:33:32 PM by Myleftfoot »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
Thanks for that! English wasn't my best subject with Stan Cawthorn!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
Thanks for that! English wasn't my best subject with Stan Cawthorn!

That's okay, now sit up straight and pay attention.  8)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »
Well said GHM. I will be there and be asking some searching questions of both the board and the management team.
I really do feel Jason ought to explain why he is determined to carry on playing and whether that is the reason the new assistant was brought in ( NLP  lasdt Sunday ) surely he should be concentrating on managing if he is to achieve his ambitions in club management.
I haven't read the article in the NLP can you give us a brief summary? If as you are suggesting Jason is planning on playing then I agree that will be a mistake for several reasons:

Style of play will revert to long ball which was totally ineffective start of last season
Jason's mobility isn't great leaving strike partner(s) to cover the ground he cannot
Playing is a disadvantage when trying to assess how the game is going and/or how players are performing

Our chances of success will be greatly reduced if Jason decides to carry on playing (he should be reserved for an absolute emergency imo).

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
WP! Don't be so negative!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
WP! Don't be so negative!!
I know you're just trying to be a WUM (and doing it badly so far), but I'll give you an honest reply:

My comments are based on a news article that I haven't read, and journalists being journalists have probably expanded on the truth. The comments are also backed up with constructive criticism, something of an alien concept to you ;)

In all honesty I don't think Jason will be anything more than a bit part player and I am quietly optimistic we'll have a good season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »
I'm hoping that JL will maybe give young Jordan Nuttell a few substitute appearances this coming season - he was training with the first team at the end of last season, I believe. Maybe worth a couple of friendlies, even just for 45 minutes apiece.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:04 PM »
Pilgrim86 don't be surprised to see Micky making a comeback!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
For Town, again?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/