Author Topic: sleath  (Read 10459 times)

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: sleath
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »
Sleathy was the best midfielder we without doubt! That above is nonsense! hence why he's moved up a level! I'm sure he'll do great as he has tonnes of ability and a fantastic attitude. But my god we're gonna miss him! BIG TIME!
 Good luck Danny

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
......amazing isnt it?
Last season lots of people were on here slating DS at every possible opportunity.....now hes gone and its all praises.....

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »
Sleathy was the best midfielder we without doubt! That above is nonsense! hence why he's moved up a level! I'm sure he'll do great as he has tonnes of ability and a fantastic attitude. But my god we're gonna miss him! BIG TIME!
 Good luck Danny
It's not nonsense it's just a different opinion to yours. There's no doubting Sleathy is a great player but we lack a Church, if given the choice between having Church or Sleath back I'd take Church every time. That's not a slight on Danny, just that our midfield 3 where all similar-ish type players and I'm confident young Ben Milnes can step into DS's shoes but time will tell...

and yep JP some where advocating getting rid of them all end of last season but have a different tune now DS has left  ???

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:28 AM »

RANDOM FACT: Nuneaton goalkeeper Danny Alcock was a team-mate of Danny Sleath in last summer's World Student Games squad.

But players obviously keep in contact with each other and maybe Alcock "sold" Nuneaton to Sleath.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »
Fact- Sleathy has moved for three reasons 1- higher div 2- closer to home 3- he has played for the manager before . Be interesting to see how he fairs against Church (his close friend) and also Pearson next season.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
That's just not right, particularly when clubs like Boston and, lately, Darlington have fought so hard to stay alive and retain their heritage.

Not sure what is meant by Boston's "heritage" Pete Boy.  Players come and go, managers come and go, as do fans if they have the nous to escape from Boston. Is it the "Pilgrims" badge?  or the fact that York Street has been the club's ground for many years (even though they do not own it). Is it the colour of the strip (seems clubs can change this at their will and sell mopre replica shirts).  Clubs rebrand themselves all the time and thankfully so. Imagine being tarnished with the Sotnick, Rodwell and Evans branding of bullshit and promising everything to the fans while they get rich quick.  A change of name might have done the club more good given its recent dirty history not to mention havingg to pay off someone else's debt.  Think you've gone all romantic on us. :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

frithville pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
good luck danny you will be sadly missed all ways gave your all ,never let the team down great energy good entertainment  thank you.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
Just would like to add my good wishes to Danny and thanks for a great 3 years, my favourite goal being that lovely strike away at Alfreton to pick their pockets for a 1-0 win .
A player who deserves a chance at a higher level , though you'll be sorely missed in our midfield.