Author Topic: Euro 2012  (Read 8038 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Euro 2012
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:03:15 PM »
I think Ladbrokes have made a big mistake here putting England in at 16/1..................Fill your boots and enjoy :)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
Are we expecting more than 1/4 finals this time  ??? or will we be going out in the group stage...16:1 is worth a punt 8)...Roy's got a few connections I've heard  :dan

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
Are we expecting more than 1/4 finals this time  ??? or will we be going out in the group stage...16:1 is worth a punt 8)...Roy's got a few connections I've heard  :dan

I expect us to get a result against France tonight on route to winning the group and setting up a quarter final match with Italy or Croatia.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Great result today for England onwards and upwards

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »

I see Alan Hansen has predicted Germany, Holland, Spain and Portugal to be the four semi-finalists - physically impossible given that three of them are in the same qualifying group!

How much of our licence fees is being paid towards this expert punditry? Maybe one or two people on this forum could provide analysis that is better value for money?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »
Glad I had Lescott at 33/1 for first scorer :)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »

I see Alan Hansen has predicted Germany, Holland, Spain and Portugal to be the four semi-finalists - physically impossible given that three of them are in the same qualifying group!

How much of our licence fees is being paid towards this expert punditry? Maybe one or two people on this forum could provide analysis that is better value for money?

Hansen has a million pound a year contract with the bbc. No wonder he looks a smug twat. And what a boring bastard, along with the rest of the pundits on match of the day. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz shearer, dixon, lawrence

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »
Tonight it's:

Spain 1/4
Draw 5/1
Ireland 16/1

Are tournament favourites Spain really that superior?

This could be a thrashing for Ireland but I'm going to take a chance on them to cause the biggest upset in the tournament so far. After getting caught with a early goal Sunday night they were always chasing the game against Croatia. I'm sure that Trapattoni will have them well organised tonight and I think Spain will find them very hard to breakdown  :)

I think Ireland and the draw at 4/1 are value so I'm laying Spain and having a few quid on the 0-0 at 16/1.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »
This could be a thrashing for Ireland but I'm going to take a chance on them to cause the biggest upset in the tournament so far. After getting caught with a early goal Sunday night they were always chasing the game against Croatia. I'm sure that Trapattoni will have them well organised tonight and I think Spain will find them very hard to breakdown  :)

I think Ireland and the draw at 4/1 are value so I'm laying Spain and having a few quid on the 0-0 at 16/1.

After following football for so many years you should know by now that footballers nearly always let you down. I'd stick to the horses if I were you.  ;)

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

After following football for so many years you should know by now that footballers nearly always let you down. I'd stick to the horses if I were you.  ;)

Football, horses & dogs all let you down in the end  :(

Lets keep the faith with England  ;)

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 08:11:59 AM »
I think Ladbrokes have made a big mistake here putting England in at 16/1..................Fill your boots and enjoy :)

Now does anybody else think we COULD win this?

We only have to get a result against Italy and then beat Germany to earn a shot against Spain in the final :-\

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
I like the way your think, it's flawed but if ever England get over the half way lineyou never know.  Will anyone be awake to watch it?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »

We only have to get a result against Italy and then beat Germany to earn a shot against Spain in the final :-\
Are you underestimating the Greeks?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »

Are you underestimating the Greeks?

I'm not.  I fully expect them to last a full 10mins before getting torn a new one by Muller, Ozil, etc.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »
Will anyone be awake to watch it?

Tonight's England/Italy match is the 16th of the tournament and we haven't seen a 0-0 yet, while I feel we are capable of getting a positive result here and progressing to the semis, at 6/1 with Ladbrokes the 0-0 bore draw over 90mins looks the bet tonight.