Author Topic: Players for next season  (Read 11700 times)

Fishtoftpilgrim

• View Profile
Players for next season
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »
I'm new to the forum as I have only just found out to use it. I've been a season ticket holder for over ten years now, and I've never been so worried not knowing what kind of players are coming in. I've heard several rumours about different players coming in, I've been told by different people that the full back Rob Wesley who played for us under TT is expected to come back, which wouldn't surprise me as he's Nottingham the same as JL. And the most worrying thing for me is the goal keeper situation. I think we need to bring someone commanding and experience (but not as experienced as Bazza) although I think Drury is good and he's done us well this year, I don't think he is any better than a no.2 at the moment, but saying that I've heard rumours that Chris Wright is coming back, and that we are apparently after the brother of ex BUFC defender Simon Ashton, Harry Ashton of Grimsby Town who is a Goal keeper and is only 18. As well as ex Boston United goal keeper Butcher. And in my opinion if any of those rumours about Wright, Ashton or butcher turn out to be true, it would be an embarrassment, as one of them is old enough to still be in school and Wright and Butcher are UCL level, and have never really proved themselves.. And I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything else about the goal keeper situation? Because from what I've heard I'm scared.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Players for next season
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
Statistically Aaron Butcher is one of the best goalkeepers Boston United have had in recent years:

Played: 29
Clean Sheets: 15
Conceded: 28 goals
Goals/Game conceded: 0.97

That's somewhat better than Bazza, Chris Wright, Nathan Abbey, Michel Kuipers, Martyn Margarson, Andy Marriott...

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
He also played with a weak team in front of him when he broke into the team and was a good shot stopper.

Neen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
What about Danny haystead? Would it be worth having him back.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
Welcome Fishtoftpilgrim .   Good first post , at first I thought you had been recruited by the moaners but your speculation on the goalkeeper situation makes me think you are in the wind-up camp maybe recruited by fellow villager KON.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
Ashton is too good and should be at a championship team soon! Butcher and Wright should be at UCL level! That leaves only Haystacks to return hopefully.

Molino Del Duque

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
Dan Haystead will be back, just like Arnie said

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
Grimsby have released their other keeper (to McKeown). Spent time at Trinity, maybe worth looking at? Kenny Arthur.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »
Welcome Fishtoftpilgrim.  :-X

Nice to have you here. Over ten years as a season ticket holder!  Crikey! It's going to be hard to keep you pleased.  :D

What did you use to do with all those strong views? You stand where? Oh, next to them, that explains!!!  ;D  ;D
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 07:58:16 PM »
Grimity Fans recon a couple of their players are on their way here , no mention of names though it wouldn't be a big surprise as there seems to be regular trade between the clubs.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Churchy back would be the best news possible and would complete our midfield if Milnes, Sleath, Ross and Reed sign up, all have suggested hat they will.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
Big rumours coming out of Trinity that Leon Mettam & Jason White are on the way to us.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
That we've been reduced to taking Grimity's cast offs..........says it all about the ambition here.

At least when we took on Lincoln's cast off's they were usually a couple of divisions higher at the time.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
That's what happens at this level of football Andy players tend to move around clubs in their locallity. If it's true about Mettam imo he would be a decent signing, don't know too much about the keeper White.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »
We did,nt do too bad N/F the two play-off seasons when we had 4/5 Grimity,s rejects in our team !!!