Author Topic: Club Sponsor  (Read 11645 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Club Sponsor
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
To be fair the best away kit we have had in my opinion was an all blue one, it had Batemans Brewery on the front. I can't remember what year it was but Andy Gray was playing for us, so i would say it must be 20 years ago. We've had some shocking second strips in the past, anyone remember the purple and silver one! That white one we had a couple of seasons ago was really poor too. We had a green one once, i'd go for that again, a nice dark green shirt, white shorts and green socks.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
To be perfectly honest not fussed what colour shirt the away strip is as I always wear the traditional black and amber when we go away, but must admit I do quite like the design.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
Quite like the design, it's Vauxhall colours for the Sponsors Transfer/ Identity, fully understand them doing that, much prefer that to some of the tin potters that have a blue logo on a red shirt etc.

Won't be buying it cos it's 'their' colours and hope that the home shirt is Amber with a white or black version of the logo, not Red on Orange.

I trust Craig to see us right, he has done in the past.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »
That's another thing our manager has been shouting come on you yellows at times this year so what hope is there in keeping it amber.

Everything red and white is wrong from Imps to Dag&Red & Altrincham to Scarbourough and every thing in between.

What's wrong with playing in Black & Amber away and only changing kit when home kit clashes but not bloody red.

Wonder what Lincolns gimps would say if their away kit was amber ? Or
Celtic played away in blue and Rangers away in green.

Difference there is the Rangers and Celtic rivalry is slightly bigger than two tin-pot teams in Divisions 5 and 6. Its not as if its red and white stripes, it looks nothing like Lincoln's kit.

Besides Tinpot Trinity are Lincolns main rivals if their forum is to be believed  ;D

The Liquid Gobbler

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »
To be fair the best away kit we have had in my opinion was an all blue one, it had Batemans Brewery on the front. I can't remember what year it was but Andy Gray was playing for us, so i would say it must be 20 years ago. We've had some shocking second strips in the past, anyone remember the purple and silver one! That white one we had a couple of seasons ago was really poor too. We had a green one once, i'd go for that again, a nice dark green shirt, white shorts and green socks.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

lonegunman - Andy Gray...now there's a name i'd forgot about. Pretty sure he was a Greg Fee signing around 1996. On his day a great little player and also a stroppy little sod! lol

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »
I am old enough to remember that our great rivals from the days of the real Midlands League was Peterborough, so my personal dislike is blue. The idea of Lincoln being the enemy has never seemed right to me as they are Johnny come lately, because of a few games in the NPL and "Division 2". As for Trinity, they've never really been on our radar for more than the odd game until recently. I think red is OK, at least until we are playing Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United on a regular basis.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
I quite like the new away strip apart from the `oompa loompa` hooped socks ! . Hope the home kit has traditional old gold and black stripes... by the way, Boston Uniteds early days comprised of blue home strips :)

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »
I like the look of the new kit and don't really car that's it red and white even though,  as for me, our rivals were Kettering having started supporting Boston in the Conference days of the very early nineties.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
We should be celebrating the fact that a local company actually want to sponsor us not whinging about the bloody colour for gods sake. :-[
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bartmac

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
Well said Tash, they can play in the nude for all I care about the strip colour!  but it would seem strange shouting "Come on you Pinks" or "Blues" depending on the weather. ;D

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »

Does anyone still want to moan about our new away kit?

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »
I like the Norwich one.

Also, for really bad kits, then look no further than the French Rugby side Stade Francais

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
Love the hoop socks, best bit, want those in the home kit please.  My lad already wears his current kit with thick hooped socks, looks ace.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »
Speaking of sponsors, Patter I think sponsored young Tom last season so his match worn shirt should be on it's way. I presume Ken that it will be raffled off to members who donated. Will we be selecting a player for this season? Count me in again for a tenner if we are.