Author Topic: Prices confirmed  (Read 19944 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prices confirmed
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
I am not sure that Mr Sotnick has the same recall of his meal in the Golden Dragon!  :)

Try again not the GD

I have absoluetly no idea Tash. So please tell all and which chairman and which hostelry and how you consider I was  "cosying up" - not usually my style! Or do you mean the Stockport Chairman? :)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
Scouse Pilgrim you obviously enjoy courting adverse reactions and thrive on the negative responses,yet you do not appear to come up with an alternative solution.
Certainly the likes of Woods,Evans,sotnick proved to be a bad move for the club,but
David Newton took this club when it was on its knees,  its reputation was tarnished
and rebuilt the image of the club,restored pride in the team and invested money to keep the club going,and then set about the task of securing the long term future of the club.Yes we still have debts,most probably as a result of directors loans,but what was the alternative.Liquidation and start again in the lowest levels?

So tell me how you plan to resolve this matter?

Mr Newton's business was involved as a main sponsor under the Sotnick regime in case you may have forgotten. No doubt if  planning permission had been obtained then the Chestnuts would be concreting all over Mick Vines baby down tattershall road. What did Mr Newton  do to alert people of the malevolence going on at the time? Nothing? Why should he care for the long term future of the club? All he has done is add to the debt by loaning yet more money to BUFC.  Fool's paradise meot.  :)

The (re) solution was once in the hands of the club and that was to develop York Street and the environms so that Mr Malkinson and his heirs got some sort of decent return and the club had other income streams. Some of us even had plans and architect's drawings.
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
that's a cheap shot,having been a match sponsor on a few occasions i can honestly say that the hospitality package at york street puts some of the league clubs i've experienced to shame,gus is a great host and his enthusiasm is top class .so spare your claptrap for another topic

Dear Nikko-nik-nik, do you think Gussie-poohs is a good ambassador for the club? Really do you?  I hope he moderates his language a tad when he is not hiding behind his keyboard!!  :P

yes he is,does that answer your question?   good,now p*** off

Nikko, Judging by your eloquence and ranging vocabulary you are a chip off the old block . So maybe you should go and join Gus and woo the punters on matchday? ;)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Dear Nikko-nik-nik, do you think Gussie-poohs is a good ambassador for the club? Really do you?  I hope he moderates his language a tad when he is not hiding behind his keyboard!!  :P

As a VP member I can vouch for the fact that Gus is an excellent ambassador for the club. I think it's due to his input that several of the sponsors return more than once in a season.

Would they be from the local Tourettes club by any chance?  :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:58:02 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Thanks Nikko.

And to the Scouser, remember what I said earlier, I do use my own name so I am not hiding behind my keyboard.

Let me guess then! Is your real name Augustus Robin Scrote?   ;)  No need to confirm or deny as I am not really that interested.

Come, come now to call yourself "Gus" is hardly revealing your true identity!  ;)

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
Scouse Pilgrim - you refer to the solution in the past tense - so you infact have no current solution and therefore should support the efforts of the exsisting chairman.

To expand further who was going to buy the ground and redevelop it from the Malkinsons and would that monies have been offset as a loan or debt to the club.

In which case we would either be paying interest to a bank or worse one of the directors in charge at the time.Woods wanted to redevelop and didnt give a fig about the club,sotnick,rodwell all the same,so who was our saviour.

Do you know for certain the chestnuts knew about the dealings within the company as a sponser, and on what evidence do you assume they would be given the contract to build on tattershall road.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »
Scouse Pilgrim you obviously enjoy courting adverse reactions and thrive on the negative responses,yet you do not appear to come up with an alternative solution.
Certainly the likes of Woods,Evans,sotnick proved to be a bad move for the club,but
David Newton took this club when it was on its knees,  its reputation was tarnished
and rebuilt the image of the club,restored pride in the team and invested money to keep the club going,and then set about the task of securing the long term future of the club.Yes we still have debts,most probably as a result of directors loans,but what was the alternative.Liquidation and start again in the lowest levels?

So tell me how you plan to resolve this matter?

Mr Newton's business was involved as a main sponsor under the Sotnick regime in case you may have forgotten. No doubt if  planning permission had been obtained then the Chestnuts would be concreting all over Mick Vines baby down tattershall road. What did Mr Newton  do to alert people of the malevolence going on at the time? Nothing? Why should he care for the long term future of the club? All he has done is add to the debt by loaning yet more money to BUFC.  Fool's paradise meot.  :)

The (re) solution was once in the hands of the club and that was to develop York Street and the environms so that Mr Malkinson and his heirs got some sort of decent return and the club had other income streams. Some of us even had plans and architect's drawings.

DN has openly stated that as main sponsors, Chestnut Homes were unsurprisingly approached by Sotnick, Rodwell and co regards whether they wished to be involved in the grand plan for York Street/Tattershall Road/Lavaflow Arena. Also unsurprisingly, they realised the plans were complete garbage in every respect and declined. I'm sure if they had agreed to have become involved, it would've been announced and celebrated by the owners of the time as it might have given them some more credibility - even that lot weren't that stupid.

Pray tell where the space would have come from to develop York Street and make some money for the Malkies at the same time? The Malkinsons now appear to be interested in little more than making as much money as possible from that land. Anything short of completely bulldozing York Street and putting houses or a supermarket there is sub-optimal for them. As soon as the Malkinsons lost interest in BUFC, there was no chance whatsoever of United staying there post 2019 (or whenever it is the lease ends).

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
Dear Nikko-nik-nik, do you think Gussie-poohs is a good ambassador for the club? Really do you?  I hope he moderates his language a tad when he is not hiding behind his keyboard!!  :P

Would they be from the local Tourettes club by any chance?  :)

That last comment just shows your ignorance Scouse! Not interested in the club and an insult to the sponsors who DO spend money to help the club!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:36 PM »
In an earlier post Mark Issac alias scouse pilgrim called me a Sycophantic Sinecure because I said I was purchasing a season ticket as I thought the club would be moving forward next year.
Now I will not get into childish name calling but I must point out that it was he who was the servile self seeker attempting to to win favour from his family by bringing down BUFC. He was probably their sinecure, for he always got someone else to do his dirty work without ever putting himself out. To be fair he was good at it but happily he failed, so probably did not get the rewards from the family. This is why he is now clutching at straws on this forum with the rantings of something in its death throws.
We should all now ignore him and allow him to crawl back under his stone.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »
In an earlier post Mark Issac alias scouse pilgrim called me a Sycophantic Sinecure because I said I was purchasing a season ticket as I thought the club would be moving forward next year.
Now I will not get into childish name calling but I must point out that it was he who was the servile self seeker attempting to to win favour from his family by bringing down BUFC. He was probably their sinecure, for he always got someone else to do his dirty work without ever putting himself out. To be fair he was good at it but happily he failed, so probably did not get the rewards from the family. This is why he is now clutching at straws on this forum with the rantings of something in its death throws.
We should all now ignore him and allow him to crawl back under his stone.

His main ambition was to be Chairman of BUFC thank f**k that never happened. By the way his mates been s**t stiring
on Trinity's site.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »

Scouse has a mate? Oh, I see, ONE mate!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »
Good to see Johnsons have tarted up their restaurant at long last. You can get some half decent food there now, and they will still do you a bacon roll if you can't be arsed to wait for the chef to stop fannying around :dan

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »
“We always try to strike the balance between providing value-for-money and attempting to cover our costs".

Something at which you failed miserably this season Mr Newton? ;)  Discuss.

its not all about winning the league SP.....its about the buzz of matchday,the knowledge that youve got a local team to follow and the knowledge that our great club is in safe hands....

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »

Oxo-boy I think you will find that Scouse Pilgrim actually asked you if you were
"on some sort of sycophantic sinecure?"  Well are you? Are you?

SP also asked if you would spell out what Moving forward is?

He also asked by what measure will you gauge what "forward" is?

You seem to have failed to answer any of these questions. ;)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
I am not sure that Mr Sotnick has the same recall of his meal in the Golden Dragon!  :)

Try again not the GD

I have absoluetly no idea Tash. So please tell all and which chairman and which hostelry and how you consider I was  "cosying up" - not usually my style! Or do you mean the Stockport Chairman? :)

Still waiting for a reply Tosh/Tash xxxx