Author Topic: JL doing the right things  (Read 9896 times)

townender3385

• View Profile
JL doing the right things
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
I'm feeling a bit more positive about next year. With the news that Bazza has been released, as much as we love the man he's not good enough. It's about going with your head or heart, JL's going with his head. Good luck Bazza and UTP!

Amber Man

• View Profile
Re: JL doing the right things
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
Letting Bazza go is the right decision he has saved us in games but also cost us, i think semple still had a lot to offer us having been injured for most of this campaign! Tom ward has signed up for next season

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
I think also to take in to account is JL prefers 4-3-3, Semple fits into 4-4-2 and his worst games have come when trying to fit him in 4-3-3, could be one of the reasons

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
I don't understand why Jason got rid of Dan Haystead and appointed Bazza just for over a season. Might as well have kept Haystead in the first place as he had age on his side. 

Not happy that Ryan Semple has been let go either, one of my favourite players over the last couple of seasons!
As mentioned by Bostonshire he doesn't seem to fit the formation Jason wants to play.

I'll just have to hope that this  coming season year  pre-season trialists are better than the calibre that I saw at Arnold this season Eg Matt Hocking (Pinchbeck United) and Jordan Fairclough (Quorn)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
From my understanding the decision to let Haystead go was nothing to do with football........ and its a decision I fully endorse if true.

Big calls on the managers part, he's now GOT to get it right with his recruitment this next few weeks, waiting all summer again and picking up the dross like we did last season would be suicidal. I said a few weeks ago and was shouted down by the usual suspects that the manager should have a good idea of who he wants by the start of May, I'm hoping now that a lengthy released list is complimented by a steady stream of quality signings who've NOT played for us before.......unless they are a quality keeper from Grimsby who's been released and a certain lad called Church. Otherwise a new broom has to sweep clean, not bring back in tried and failed players like last season.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
NF what was the deal with Haystead?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
You've a pm.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
I agree Bostonshire. I think Jason might have decided how he wants to play and is thinking of which players will fit into it.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
So, So far Semple, Bazza,Hall and Canners have gone, So thats 4 down. sounds like there should be more info throu the day.

I for one althou shocked at one of them thats not been offered im pleased its been done so early as it does show that JL as already got things planned out early

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »
I think the likelihood of church returning is low (hoping to be proved wrong however) as it is likely he will return south as he will not be a pro here and that was the reason he went to Grimsby instead of returning south last year.

Unless he has settled in the north of the county and isn't lured by the £££s at Trinity that is, then he may return but I still feel is unlikely.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
This ones less of shock but Chris Hall has also put on twitter that he hasn't been offered a new deal. Could be a short retained list by the end of the day...

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
This ones less of shock but Chris Hall has also put on twitter that he hasn't been offered a new deal. Could be a short retained list by the end of the day...

Thank the Lord for that...... :D

BUFC T.I.D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
Shame about Chris Hall, when he played i thought he gave it 100%, just lacked confidence, he just never got the chance to show what he's got to get is confidence back up :-\ good luck for the future

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 03:19:38 PM »
Any word on Twitter about the Newsh?
That will test JL's ability to do the right thing for BUFC :o

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »
Any word on Twitter about the Newsh?
That will test JL's ability to do the right thing for BUFC :o

Nothink, Newsh aint on it and most of the info as come from the players themselves. Nothink as been said for around a hour unless i have missed something but ill keep it on to see if anything comes up