Author Topic: Bazza  (Read 4321 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Bazza
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
just announced on his Facebook status that he's not been offered terms for next season..........

Truly the end of an era, you really won't see the likes of him again.

John C

• View Profile
Re: Bazza
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »
We were going through what would be our retained lists yesterday and we did wonder if Bazza would be staying. Whilst both of us thought there might now be better goalies available, we came to the conclusion that he probably would be here next season as otherwise there would have been a prior announcement if yesterday was to be his last game.

So its not so much I disagree with the decision, just a shame we didn't know so we could say good bye to him too...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
If it's true and i don't doubt it's not, then good luck Bazza, a legend among legends.
The guy will be remembered as a fantastic servant to this great club of ours.
Bazza, if you read this post may i thank you for all the great performances you put in for us.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
We've said goodbye before, I'm sure those that attend games will not have seen the last of Bazza in some form.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
What about another testimonial match for Bazza pre season?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Good call Lee. Whilst he has done ok JL knows that things need to improve next season and that starts with the playing squad. A true legend.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
That's a bit of a shocker!  Here was me thinking we could have lost a few more games last season without the hands of Bazza. The Old Cat still has a lot to give both on the pitch and knowledge wise.

Wish you all the best in the future my mate

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
Semps has gone too from his last tweet

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »
Published on Sunday 29 April 2012 13:03 Standard

IT IS understood Boston United goalkeeper Paul Bastock has been released from Boston United.

‘Bazza’, the Pilgrims all-time record holder, took to Twitter to announce the news.

“Shocked not offered out next season but that’s football for you been a pleaseure to play for Boston United,” he wrote to fans.

It appears he was told by phone, as manager Jason Lee looks to rebuild for next season.

Ryan Semple is another player who appears to have been released.

He also took to Twitter, writing: “So I’m no longer a #BUFC player. Really sad to leave such a great club and set of boys. Six months ago would never of seen this coming but that’s the beautiful game! Whatever I do next I’ll always look back at my time here with MASSIVE pride and happiness.”

He also went on to thank the fans: “Thanks to all players past and present and most importantly the fans who’ve supported me so much doubt I’ll hav a better song sang about me ;-)”

Fans and fellow proffesionals have been quick to show their support to the players.

BUFC T.I.D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
True true legend, shame to see him go, made some quality saves this season, if its wasn't for him, we may have lost more games than we actually did this season, all the best

frithville pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
legend thanks bazza  and semps,good luck.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
Bazza is a real legend but it's the correct decision. Someone said head ruling the heart and I agree with that another season would have been too much at this level especially if we want to trouble the top. Good luck wherever you go Bazza.