Author Topic: David Newton - Saint or God?  (Read 9995 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: David Newton - Saint or Sinner?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:48:01 PM »
Okay, let's be frank. So people seem to have a real downer about the club, it's activity and direction. Those critics should step forward and if so disenchanted setup an alternative. Come on give us your support, stump up the funds, find a backer if you can't do it. Otherwise stop the moaning and get a life. You could always try being a bit encouraging! Oops ... Maybe not? I've travelled lots but have never met such a small concentration of miserable sods in one place  >:( I have said before David is a saint, I stick with that. Well done Mr Chairman and thanks.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED COS ITS A NO BRAINER QUESTION..........There should be a statue of Sir David outside the ground and indeed also outside the new ground.....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »
This thread is about DN saint or sinner? .  Like some other threads it is turned into a debate on the manager .

The anti-Lee minority have aired their veiws many times and the chairman will not change his mind .  Nor have they offered an alternative  appointment suggestion.

Do you expect DN to change his mind to please the minority ?

Chairman are more likely to pick the right person than the fans ,  I suspect that the vast majority of Sheff Utd fans are delighted that the chairman ignored their protests at Danny Wilsons appointment last year.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
Saint David everybody agrees MLF ! Why is there any need to attack fans for not liking the managers ability? Knob heads?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
And why is there any need to attact fans who think that given time Lee may have the ability.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
Cant see any of the knobheads doing that GHM?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
the same few moaners on here are the same few that post on the FB page, and we have all seen that not only do they slate the managers, but also DN and the rest of the board for not putting in more cash !!! . so for them to now backtrack and say they have no issues with the chairman is nothing short of laughable.  DN know's what he is doing business wise and this is what any football club is. i suggest the moaners either come up with ways of raising more funds for our club and work there minds rather than there mouths and support all the way, or take a short trip to the imps where moaners.com reside !!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
Can anybody tell me where Hyde finished last season? It only takes a good summer of recruitment, plus a good start, to mount a promotion push - no matter what happened the previous year.

We have experience in that with S&H turning us from UniBond relegation fodder, into Play Off (almost league) winners...

I'm not saying it WILL happen, but there IS a chance. There is no point being pessimistic at this stage, as we don't know the retained list, and we don't know any of the signings!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
I don't manage, for a number of reasons, to get to every home game, so the main way in which I can support DN and the club is by buying a season ticket, which I will do next season whoever is manager. As others have posted, I am only too pleased to have a club to follow, whichever league we are in. And when we do rise higher, I want it to be achieved fairly and on firm foundations, which is how we seem to be progressing. DN? A saint, obviously.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
I think that a large part of Hyde's success this season is due to Manchester City, a not impecunious business, funding the club, resulting in the dropping of United from the name and a change of colour from red to blue. I don't see a similar benefactor coming to our rescue anywhere on the horizon. We have to work with what we've got, and I for one am grateful for the support of the present chairman.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
saint or sinner? The mans saved our football club.........GOD seems more appropriate.........

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
saint or sinner? The mans saved our football club.........GOD seems more appropriate.........

I agree. ;)

Bartmac

Re: David Newton - Saint or God?
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »
Most definitely a Saint, it would've been hell if he and Neil hadn't stepped in to save our club, and don't forget he was (and probably still is) an Imps supporter!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
Just on a personal level I've immense respect for DN........when we had the trauma with Lisa about 2 years ago he took the time to send a private letter to me when she was 1st taken ill and also after we lost her offering any help he could.......he also took the time to attend the funeral so as far as I'm concerned he's a pretty 1st class human being. I've never mentioned this as I don't want to embarrass him but just in case anyone gets the wrong impression of my rants......they aren't aimed in the boardrooms direction.

As far as his chairmanship goes I might not agree with his decision to give JL another crack of the whip but no one can accuse him of not giving his managers a chance.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »
I agree about David Newton, a fine fella. And to avoid confusion, I don't have any professional connections with this regime. No dig at all N40, but you do demonstrate what I would call cognitive dissonance in your postings and views.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell