Author Topic: David Newton - Saint or God?  (Read 9998 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
David Newton - Saint or God?
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:01:21 PM »
Okay, let's be frank. So people seem to have a real downer about the club, it's activity and direction. Those critics should step forward and if so disenchanted setup an alternative. Come on give us your support, stump up the funds, find a backer if you can't do it. Otherwise stop the moaning and get a life. You could always try being a bit encouraging! Oops ... Maybe not? I've travelled lots but have never met such a small concentration of miserable sods in one place  >:( I have said before David is a saint, I stick with that. Well done Mr Chairman and thanks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:47:44 PM by Mickey Nuttells Hair »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

airsbufc

• View Profile
Re: David Newton - Saint or Sinner?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
Here here

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »
Tell you what really sticks in my craw, it's the number of people that have said they are not going to have a season ticket this year because of the chaimans decision, yet had one under the last regime. As I have said before if it is family or financial reasons fair enough, but as far as I am concerned this regime needs our support.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »
I have refrained from giving my views on some of the stuff on here in the last couple of weeks, and although I said in my last post I felt disappointed that Jason had been retained, I have accepted that David Newton has every right to appoint who he wishes, and therefore I will give my total support both home and away next season.
I just hope that David will hold a forum as soon as there is positive news regarding the new ground. It is essential that he takes the fans along with him all the way, and involves them and keeps them informed, as this will focus them on the future and do away with much of the negativity that seems to be rearing its head.
We should all remember Neil Kempsters 5 year plan for the club and appreciate the terrific off the field development that is making Boston United a true community club. All this hard work is essential if the club is going to attract the grants and support of the business world that is needed for a new stadium.
So, I am shaking off the disappointment of the on field season and invite all United fans to do the same and give our full support to David, Neil and Jason for a great future.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
Will have a season ticket again this year , allways thought we would have a mid table finish as early season signings did not give much hope . Hope jason can do a keith alexandra and locate some cheap good players to fill the gaps , shame the last few games have been a dissapointment as a bit of a run would of stuck in peoples mind and given hope for the comming season .come on you pilgrims  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
I will be getting a season ticket next year and let us judge jason after the first 10 games of next season. Hope he gets some bigger players as a team of smaller ones restricts our choices and we often lose out to the muscly forward types that keep the ball. At least the signings they made during the season showed they were heading in the right direction and I would like to see less older ones.
Not an easy job to attract decent players when we're quite a way for them to get to us, but I'll give him benefit of doubt and main priority is to bolster defence - when was last clean sheet?
Bet Mr Newton is kicking himself for letting Paul Cox go to Mansfield, but he's a shrewd guy and maybe Jason will turn out to be an inspired choice. Keep believing.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
Echo everything said above , but to put this into prespective it is only a handfull of posters with all this negativity and how many of us takes them seriously ?
When a forum is held how many of these moaners will take the chance to turn up and share their wisdom with the chairman ?
Re; Paul Cox tricky , he comes under the heading "ambitous"  .   ie needs a big budget .
Eastwood Town have paid the price this season .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »
Give us your support....

So whats your role at the club?

And people have every right to be on a downer with the team and manager (not chairman or staff, don't drag them into it) its been a shameful excuse for a season, the manager deserves all the brickbats coming his way and should consider himself fortunate he's got such a good chairman in David behind him.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »
Everybody knows that without DN as chairman of our club we probably would not have one. I have never been critical of him. if you read my posts, just very disappointed that he has reappointed Jason as manager

It seems that if you are critical on here you are an idiot, or knobhead. Why cant people understand that the likes of NF and myself think passionately about this club, and want every success for it. Just because we have strong views are we not allowed to express them?

If Jason really clears out the current squad and gets in a set of hungry for success players I might reconsider getting a seaon ticket, but I just do not think on this years efforts he has a clue how to put together a side.I am sorry to be critical, but I tell it as I see it.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »
DT, you're only an idiot of you don't sign up to MLF's train of thought, ie; everythings great because we've got a club to support.

The fact it appears he's connected to the club makes it all the more shameful that his attacks on regular paying fans are seemingly condoned by the club,.......have we really moved on from Woody being the mouthpiece for the Evans gang all those years ago?

Shameful but hardly surprising given the cosy,chummy nature of the club.....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
There's nothing like healthy debate and a bit of banter. That's the best thing about free speech and living in a democracy, you can all have your say just as long as it doesn't get personal. Everyone has their views and everyone can air them on here, there's nothing wrong in being passionate about your club. What really makes all this debating possible though is the fact that after all the shite we've had to put up with over the past few years, we still have a club to be passionate about.
Lets not forget we were close to not having a club to get passionate about and thank DN for that.
Now i know bugger all about managing a football team or a football club, so i'll leave it to the blokes in charge. I say lets get this season out of the way and see how we go next term, then we can all have  bloody good moan again.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
Saint, we would more then likely be AFC Boston by now if it wasn't for him

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »
What a ridiculous topic to suggest anyone thinks DN is a sinner - or too link criticism of the team's performance to the chairman.

Don't think anybody doubts David Newton's place in history at this club, his continued commitment and his desire to see BUFC put onto a sensible financial footing.

However, the season has been a disappointment in many ways and constructive criticism of managers and players is part of the game. Because DN appointed the manager does not mean that JL is above criticism and cannot be held accountable by supporters and the chairman himself.
Not every decision(esp football ones)  the chairman makes is going to be either right or necessarily popular, he'd be the first to admit that. But he is the chairman and gets to make those decisions, that's the way it goes. You pays your money ....etc etc

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
Like you say DC, its a ridiculous title, but then again the author is probably the most divisive of posters on here so should we be surprised?

Like you say, DN isn't beyond criticism but but by the same token I think he's enough credit in the bank to be allowed a faux pas or two......

But when you've an individual as hell bent on smearing others in his own little one man warped campaign of spite and pettiness such a post is par for the course. The only way to deal with such an odious hanger on is to treat them with the same contempt they hold sections of the paying support in.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »
Like you say DC, its a ridiculous title, but then again the author is probably the most divisive of posters on here so should we be surprised?

Like you say, DN isn't beyond criticism but but by the same token I think he's enough credit in the bank to be allowed a faux pas or two......

But when you've an individual as hell bent on smearing others in his own little one man warped campaign of spite and pettiness such a post is par for the course. The only way to deal with such an odious hanger on is to treat them with the same contempt they hold sections of the paying support in.

Bit personal!  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell