Author Topic: RWA - The fools are at it again!  (Read 5612 times)

JPR Williams

• We stand for everything and fall for nothing!
    • View Profile
RWA - The fools are at it again!
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »
Former and current BGS boys you may not be aware of the following. I have cut and pasted this from Facebook, but don't waste time, act NOW!

Dear All,
You are receiving this for a specific reason. You have all been in contact with the teacher Richard Anderson from Boston Grammar School. You may or may not be aware that he has again recently been suspended on what we feel is unreasonable grounds.
This suspension is related to his way of teaching regarding his ‘fun’ and ‘idiosyncratic’ style and how he adds forfeits to lessons but also events such as ‘Black Santa’ and the new years celebrations.
So how can you help?
Richard is facing tribunal before the governors early in September and needs former students references saying how fun his lessons are and how professional his teaching style. For those also involved in the Schuhplattler and Charity Club references could mention how good his professional involvement was.

I am writing to ask you to provide me with a short reference to help save Richard Anderson. These references do not need to be essays, a few lines will do. The important thing is that these references need to be emailed to me before the 15th of August 2009.

You can send your reference to jon.coupland@tiscali.co.uk or send me a message via Facebook, MSN etc! As long as your view is expressed and your name printed you will contribute greatly.

I appreciate your time taken to read this and hope to receive your references asap!

Regards

Jon Coupland

jon.coupland@tiscali.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:48:19 PM by JPR Williams »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RWA - The fools are at it again!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »
Lets hope the planned protest goes well ;)

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »
As I left BGS in 1959, I have no personal knowledge of RWA. However, it does appear that he is an exceptionally talented teacher, much in the same mould as Ken Whittle, who taught Maths from 1952 to 1989.

It appears that modern education is about mass production of minds filled with a specific number of facts, and that inspiring the student to go out into the world with an enquiring mind and the tools to broaden his knowledge further is no longer wanted or encouraged. The late Joe Gledhill (Latin teacher in the thirty years after WW2) will be turning in his grave. I remember him telling me "I may not succeed in teaching you Latin, boy, but I will teach you about life."

I invoke his curse upon the morons who are destroying both the educational system in general, and this most admirable of beings in particular: Di te pessimum pessime perdant. (May the gods destroy you, you most miserable of fellows, in the most miserable of ways.)

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »
It beggars belief that they never took note of the feelings last time they tried to force him out .

i was never in the traditional BGS mode when there and they'd dearly loved me gone but RWA was one of the few , along with Kenny Whittle and Stan Cauthorne , that made a  lasting impression on me .

If only there were a few more in their mould education would not be in the sorry state it is today.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »
any Grammar boys on here?Did the protest happen?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »
No. He won his appeal and was back at BGS today...

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »
Excellent news.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »
Floreat Bostona!