Author Topic: United v Trinity... Just another typical performance !  (Read 4445 times)

milo1972

• View Profile
United v Trinity... Just another typical performance !
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »
As the title states` Aother typical performance` from a United team whereas half of the first eleven are just not good enough. At times we played some nice flowing football but with the lack of width and a creative midfield it was just a usual Pilgrims perfomance against a below-par Trinity side. God knows how they are in the play offs cause Trinity looked very ordinary.
Another 1000 home supporters today, BUT, if Mr Newton keeps Jason and Lee in charge next season dont expect gates to be this high. We need a change of direction with immediate effect.

Gainsboroughshire

• View Profile
Re: United v Trinity... Just another typical performance !
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
As the title states` Aother typical performance` from a United team whereas half of the first eleven are just not good enough. At times we played some nice flowing football but with the lack of width and a creative midfield it was just a usual Pilgrims perfomance against a below-par Trinity side. God knows how they are in the play offs cause Trinity looked very ordinary.
Another 1000 home supporters today, BUT, if Mr Newton keeps Jason and Lee in charge next season dont expect gates to be this high. We need a change of direction with immediate effect.

We didn't need to get out of 2nd Gear to beat you lot.

wilko559

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Where was the real ref??? I'm sure you smuggled "the ref" in your kitbag!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »

For a team not in second gear, you sure clung on at times, with a couple of great saves and the bars help.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

Think GT edged it in the first half but we certainly came back into it early in the second before falling behind to the speculative lob which could just as easily have gone over the bar. To be realistic if GT do go up via play-offs how on earth will they manage with the crowds they get? Swanny (or his missus) won't continue to keep pumping money in. IF they go up it will be straight down again probably for them based on what we saw yesterday - there's been a lot better teams below us who've been down here this season

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
If trinity do gain promotion Peter Swan will have to dig a lot deeper into his/her pockets .
As many commented yesterday none 28 players that played  were up to BSP standard.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »

What gear were you in when we played you at the Northolme?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:02 PM »
Reverse at a guess......or stuck in neutral like they have been for the last 44 years!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »
Reverse at a guess......or stuck in neutral like they have been for the last 44 years!!!

Cruise control, waiting for the fat cheque for minimum effort.  It wasn't until they stuck a pub team manager in charge they started to get results.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.