Author Topic: Should Lee and Cannovile be offered new deals?  (Read 27611 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Should Lee and Cannovile be offered new deals?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Disagree there wyp, many would jump at it .     Many managerial appointments come about by managers being replaced by an assistant appointed by the out going manager.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
I've been on the fence for a while on this issue. I have to admit that I wasn't overly thrilled when they got the gig last summer and, like many, was then disappointed with a number of the summer signings. As the season progressed, we seemed to be gradually improving, bar a bumpy Christmas period, and we discovered a formation that suited us, but after the last few games I'm not sure we're anywhere near competing with the best in this league.

We overachieved last season and because, of the loss of such key players, I expected us to take a couple of steps backwards. However, we have the top two left to play and if we lose both games then we could find ourselves in the bottom half. Tommy Taylor put together a brand new team at short notice that finished 10th in 2008, which is a benchmark that we should really at least be able to match this season.

I don't really see the merit in the "review the situation in (say) November" argument. What happens if we decide to replace them? Someone new would then be working with a team that's not his, and then we could find ourselves meandering through another season in mid-table as the new guy sorts things out. I'd rather whoever builds the team in the summer be given all (or most) of next season to prove their worth.

I agree with those who don't want us to be a club that changes managers frequently and I understand that young managers will make mistakes and will also need time to learn their trade. There's no guarantee, either, that a new man coming in during the summer will necessarily do any better. But if you were to ask me the question "Do I believe that next season will be any better than this with the current management?", then my honest answer would be no.

As such, I think it's time for a change. Of course, if they are in charge then I hope they prove me wrong and I, for one, will be renewing my season ticket regardless.

Also, with regard to who I'd suggest as a replacement, how about Martin Foyle? He is currently (non-contract) manager of Northwich Victoria who, as has been mentioned elsewhere, will be kicked out of the NPL at the end of the season. Chances are that he won't want to hang around if they end up in the North West Counties League. Port Vale fans speak highly of the job he did there and he took York to Wembley.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
We seem to pool resources from either Nottingham or Sheffield areas so we should be looking at someone that will know those areas,  if we make a change.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
Yes for me

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
I think the joint managers have done a fair job,they will have learned alot about management and should improve given time,however not at our club, this has been a poor league with very few exceptional sides and we should have been in a play off position at least.  The lack of knowledge of the non league scene has resulted in a Boston old boys team which has failed to live up to the expectations of the majority of fans. no way will we appoint two mangers and get rid of them in November as the costs of doing so would be counter productive,so it is better to start the season with a new manager,new players and new ideas and return the feel good factor to the town.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »
Statement at 5pm. Staying or going?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »
Craig's Twitter suggests we will get an answer at 5pm today.

I think that the decision has been made now - after consecutive defeats and a few lacklustre performances - suggests that JL/LC will be departing.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »
Lee in. Canners out!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »
Now official.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
 :-[ oh dear

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
 >:(

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 06:17:53 PM »
I don't see why one should go and the other remain.To me it just looks like Canners has been made the scapegoat.I for one wish him the best of luck for the future,he has been a top player for us until injury/fitness took their toll.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
What a strange decision, however, we now know who the manager will be, but I do wonder who his assistant will be, indeed,has something happened between them resulting in Canners being pushed?
I just hope to god that Lee shows more urgency than he did last season to put a squad together over the summer. Hope his new assistant has more ideas of who we need, and has the contacts to get them.
David asks us to get behind Lee and the team, but I feel only quality signings will make that happen amongst the missing 300. As for me, yes I will as I always do but if there is no improvement I will also let my feelings be known. Perhaps some good news regarding a new ground would be the thing to galvanise all of us. 

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
What a load of bo**ocks !!.. Im extrememly disappointed, confused and fairly angered at this decision. The club is going nowhere with Jason in charge. Im sorry, but he is NOT the man to lead us to promotion next season, does now make me wonder whether Mr Newton is happy with staying in the Blue Square North !.
We have lost 6 of our last 10 league matches, the football has been rather shambolic and to give Jason sole management for next season, your having a laugh !

I will still support Boston United like I have done for the last 25 years BUT you have made a mistake here David.
I really do hope they prove me wrong.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
Pleased as this is what I suggested on this thread yesterday .