Author Topic: No Sleath No Ross  (Read 11268 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: No Sleath No Ross
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »
I said I'd ideally like to see managers given 3 years......not specifically these two.....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »
 "Proved not up to it " in one season !!!!!  Fergie and Old Trafford fans should be delighted you were not their chairman all those years ago  dt .
 Most were aware of H&S having seen them managiing Ilkeston at YS . If at that time you checked on the forum you would have seen i predicted Hurst would be appointed .
 "And bring in an entirely new squad "  , don,t think that,s as easy as you make it sound Dave , but for a starter name potential managers who MAY be able to do this .  

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
I stand to be corrected N/F but I recall on the three year issue it was Andy Scott being discussed .
Our managers record is as good as his was , why not the same leeway for them ?
How come other managers should be given three years but not these two ?
My opinion is that they should be given till  November to prove themselves , and i should have set the SAME criterior whoever was manager/s .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
My Personal thoughts on JL and LC is that they are getting more right now than they did,

Signings are better,
Formation is looking better (apart from switching to 442 to suit semple)

Just a few area's they need to look at and thats

Motivation (As Seen sat this really lacks at times)
Looking Past the key 5 or 6 players we have.
 Its a stick or twist at the end of the season(not now)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »
As poor a performance as we've seen all season yesterday. Think virtually the entire team had an off day, can't remember their keeper making a save in anger. Not sure what the thinking was but Canners in midfield was a very poor decision, in fact I personally think Canners should stick to the management side of things.

It was obvious which team had something to play for and which team didn't, most of our players looked like they where already thinking about their summer hols. Except they did have something to play for, making sure the 1000+ fans (good turnout for a nothing game) come back again next week. I think the home fans have been shortchanged this season with most of our better performances coming on the road.

As far as the subject of the managers is concerned, the jury's out for me. The positives are the fact that generally the performances and style of football have got better as the season has gone on, the managers now have over a seasons worth of experience and they have hit on the 4-3-3 formation which has proved successful and they also have the personnel to play that style. They'd also give us continuity which I believe is important.

Negatives are the poor signings at the start of the season specifically the front line, JL going from a backup to the target man and the long ball football that came with it which wasn't successful or good to watch. Also the poor home form, If the home form had been anything like it should we'd have been in the play-offs now.

I'm pleased I don't have to make the decision as it's a close call, but personally I think they should have another chance. I think they have potentially a very good side if they can get sign up 10 or 11 of the current squad and get the right players to supplement them.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
I would personally get rid. They've tried their hardest but I think ultimately they are out of their depth. There have been too many false dawns. As soon as I think they have learnt their lesson by getting rid of someone as clearly unsuitable for this level as Jordan Fairclough, they think that Josh Burge is a good option to bring in. As bad a player I have ever seen in our colours. He looks more like a boy band member than the type of midfieder you need in BSBN. He can't tackle, he can't fight for it, he can't pass, he can't make any positive effect in a game. Not that I expect him to do any of these skills to a great level - but he doesn't do them to anywhere near a Sunday league level.

However, I have no answers as to who to bring in either. I won't be renewing my season ticket next season despite having one for many years now - the main reason being non-football related due to the upcoming birth of our first child. But I would love to be in the position to WANT to attend next season whenever it is possible with a new, vibrant, hungry, single manager in charge.

Bartmac

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
with a new, vibrant, hungry, single manager in charge.

You're talking about the new baby ofcourse ;D