Author Topic: Today's Match  (Read 30769 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Match
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
Having watched the video i can understand the ref getting the pen  wrong. Standing on the Spayne terrace towards York St end every one around agreed in was a trip , now we know otherwise. It looks from the video that the ref had the same line of sight as us therefore i can understand him getting it wrong.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Paul hurst said it was a penalty and he had no complaints, just depends what angle you got of it.

Seenbetter

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
Must agree with Stumpy and BU on the up. Thought Suarez very sluggish on the ground and is pushed around to easily. He's a big lad so should stand strong. Very good in the air though. Won most of the balls he went for with his head and flicked them on nicely for the others.

Bartmac

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »
"flicked on headers nicely for the others" what others ? there was hardly any of our players in advance of him, some one like a "Daryl Clare" or "Ricky Miller" or even
"Ollie Ryan" would be ideal to play alongside him.  My own opinion is that once Danny Davidson came into the game, the Hucknall No: 5 found it harder to knock him off the ball.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »
In other great news, Crawley got tonked 3-0 by Luton.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
In other great news, Crawley got tonked 3-0 by Luton.

And I read with great interest that Jamie Cook has gone back to Oxford, never got enough games for us in my eyes, always looked dangerous.  I see that its a move akin to the Joachim move to Darlo, very quick, cheap and replaced by 18 yr olds on loan from good friends in football.  One wonders if the debts are starting to catch up with McCheaty again.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:42:10 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »
I know it's a bit late but I thought that Suarez had a cracking game.  I hadn't been impressed with him for the rest of the season but as someone said previously he does the ugly stuff really well and holds the ball up fantastically.

Overall we played some excellent stuff and deserved to win by far.  The video of the pen speaks for itself.
Great game and let's hope for more of the same!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
"flicked on headers nicely for the others" what others ? there was hardly any of our players in advance of him, some one like a "Daryl Clare" or "Ricky Miller" or even
"Ollie Ryan" would be ideal to play alongside him.  My own opinion is that once Danny Davidson came into the game, the Hucknall No: 5 found it harder to knock him off the ball.
The problem is, the system we are playing, the 2 others playing up front are deeper than the big man in the middle, and unable to reach flick ons. Suarez is comfortable with ball to chest/feet, which he can then hold up and bring others into play. Davidson cannot control a ball, so he should be the impact substitute when we need to put pressure on, late on.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2009, 04:06:48 AM »
Isn't that the greatest thing about football, the diversity in opinions are staggering even in this one page. On the one hand Suarez just doesn't look up to the job and on the other hes played really well

Dont you just love it? ;D

Seenbetter

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
Quite agree. Diversity of opinions is very interesting and provided we are not blinkered  it can actually be very enlightening. My mate sitting next to me thought Suarez was very good but I thought he was good in the air but sluggish and not strong enough on the run. Mind you, my mate likes hot dogs and I have cheeseburgers and he's always wrong and I'm always right, that's diversity for you.
Great to see that virtually everyone is pulling in the right direction. Constructive, informative, some negatives, lots of positives and all supporting the team and not dragging it down.
Anyone know if the managers got any more abuse from behind the dugout or have we seen the end of that.  ??? 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2009, 09:16:34 AM »
Isn't that the greatest thing about football, the diversity in opinions are staggering even in this one page. On the one hand Suarez just doesn't look up to the job and on the other hes played really well

It happens a lot with targetmen. Some people used to moan like hell about Jason Lee, but, all in all, he did a good job for us!

A lot of people won't realise how a targetman will be used to open a gap in the centre of defence from a long ball...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2009, 09:32:07 AM »
As for the ref, he is my neighbour............

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
As for the ref, he is my neighbour............

Have a word.......
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »

It happens a lot with targetmen. Some people used to moan like hell about Jason Lee, but, all in all, he did a good job for us!

A lot of people won't realise how a targetman will be used to open a gap in the centre of defence from a long ball...

Also defenders hate playing a big man, all the pushing and shoving is way more knackering than chasing a whippet once in a while.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.