Author Topic: Today's Match  (Read 30529 times)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Match
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »
1Kendal Town 6 4 2 0 15 7 8 14
2 Stocksbridge Park Steels 6 4 0 2 19 9 10 12
3 Boston United 5 3 2 0 8 4 4 11
4 FC United Of Manchester 6 3 1 2 11 7 4 10
5 Guiseley 6 3 1 2 9 8 1 10
6 North Ferriby United 6 3 1 2 5 5 0 10
7 Retford United 5 2 3 0 9 4 5 9
8 Ashton United 5 3 0 2 9 8 1 9
9 Buxton 6 2 3 1 8 7 1 9
10 Bradford Park Avenue 5 2 2 1 8 6 2 8
11 Nantwich Town 5 2 2 1 9 8 1 8
12 Burscough 6 2 1 3 11 8 3 7
13 Matlock Town 5 2 1 2 9 7 2 7
14 Whitby Town 6 2 1 3 11 10 1 7
15 Marine 6 2 1 3 10 11 -1 7
16 Kings Lynn 6 1 3 2 10 9 1 6
17 Hucknall Town 6 1 2 3 8 10 -2 5
18 Ossett Town 5 1 1 3 6 9 -3 4
19 Worksop Town 5 0 4 1 4 7 -3 4
20 Frickley Athletic 6 1 1 4 5 13 -8 4
21 Durham City  6 0 0 6 3 30 -27 0

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
Not much you can say in truth. you really got to give all the credit today to the way hucknall dived in front of every effort we had on goal, and also the keeper who made some decent saves, i wont go into time waisting as i havnt found a team including bufc that dont do it.

BUT I WILL SAY HOW THE HELL WAS THAT A PENALTY. hucknell claimed for everythink and yet the only time they dont shout they get it. Not saying i knock them for shouting as its just what teams do lol.

Also thought that gate looked 1600

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
Just got back.  I'm hoping people aren't going to be too critical of the team in their posts this evening as I thought we deserved to win.  So well played Boston.  There were a number of positives to take out of today (and not just Gainsborough receiving another beating).

We forced the Hucknall goalkeeper to make a number of outstanding saves and should have been 1 or 2 up by half-time.  They came out and grabbed the lead against the run of play, but they took advantage of a lapse in concentration at the back so fair play to them.  We responded with a goal, and then the game began to get a bit controversial.  The referee awarded them a penalty, and I can assure you it was a blatant dive on their part.  I caught it on camera and have seen the replays.  It was not a penalty and I'll upload the proof as soon as possible.

They then began to timewaste, which was frustrating for us.  But of course they were going to adopt this tactic.  Every team would in their position.  Their goalkeeper was booked for timewasting as well.  Eventually this style of play caught up with them and we grabbed an equaliser six minutes into injury time.  It was very hard to get the ball in the net past their 'keeper, and both goals were preceded by scrambles and multiple efforts before they finally went in.

I think Hucknall were quite a good team, but we deserved three points today but for a goal out of nowhere and a bad decision from the referee.  Today was 2 points dropped but the season is made of 40 games, and I don't see any reason why we can't get six points from the next two games either.  I guess that with two games in quick succession we decided to rest a couple of players and I don't think this helped.  I thought we looked much better when Jamie Clarke and Danny Davidson came on, and we created more.

The positives are another excellent attendance, a point which shows our levels of fitness and mental strength to come back, and the fact that we have maintained our unbeaten run.  That last minute goal to avoid defeat was very important, because it should maintain team morale somewhat.  Onwards and upwards Pilgrims!

I agree.. as soon as D.Davidson and J.Clarke come on we regained a certain spark that we were missing from the previous phase of play.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »
walking through spayne road on my way out i heard a few negative grumbles

why ?

we're still unbeaten , created numerous chances only their keeper keeping them in the game imo

we were all over them should of gone into half time 2 or 3 up

and there penalty was never a penalty in a million years

adding the fact our boys never gave up kept fighting till the end , in which in the end we got what we very least deserved a draw,  H & S made a clever switch bringing on camm clarkey and davidson , put the game back in our hands from then on we looked alot more threatning

so tbh i dont understand why some people felt theey had a reason to moan

on another day those chances we missed/saved by the keeper they would of found the back of the net

KEEP THE FAITH ! Onwards & Upwards
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:27:33 PM by Big-Tom »

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
agree with everything stumpie said plus i thought camm made a big difference when replacing austin. only surprise too me today was cullingworth man of the match

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »
Agree totally with the post from Patrick.One mistake and a penalty on a par with the one given against us at Guiseley looked like they might cost us the game.At least we fought back to earn a point,which was still two less than we should have got.We do need to be winning our home games though,knowing how fickle some Boston "fans" are they will forget the away wins and stop attending at home,which has financial implications.No complaints from me,and still unbeaten in five,and we'd have all taken that at the start of the season.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
I thought we were very average today. Some good passing moves at times but other times with the standard long ball. Could have been 2 or 3 up in the first half but were made to pay for not taking chances. Good battling til the end but again in added time we could have had another 2. Still a decent league position we hold and will hopefully go top with the game in hand.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »
as others have said there keeper played well and it was not a penalty, thought they got down the right too easily and we missed too many chances. changes late on saved the game. I'm very happy after four games and think we had a bit of an off day today. Any doom and gloom merchants out there answer this. what is it man utd do so often at the end of matches which we did today? where do they often finish.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
Cracking game today, full of missed chance. We had enough chances to win two games, never mind the one we played today! The lads in the end dug out a well earned draw form what was looking like a loss. Poor finishing and some great goal keeping stopped us grabbing 3 points. I thought the Spanish lad had a decent game today, he worked hard and if the Ref had booked their number 6 early on instead of just swapping phone numbers with him he might of done more. One that stood out for me today was Liam Parker, i thought he was strong and cleaned up well. Cam made a difference when he came on, every team needs a 'spoiler' in the side and Mark does that job well. All in all i'm happy with what i've seen today, remember most of the teams we'll face will be settled. We on the other hand have a new team, i say well done lads, keep it going.  :)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »
Biggest moan on Spayne terrace was lack of noise from the townenders , wheres the drum Tom ?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
It is a disappointing result no doubt about it, however, this time last year we were losing these kind of games and by about 70 minutes had given up all hope of scoring.  Therefore it is a little more encouraging to see us fightback not once, but twice and also to equalise so late.  We do need to start unlocking teams at home though otherwise promotion will be difficult to achieve.

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 07:54:55 PM »
Most teams up there at the end of the season win there home games and draw there away games while getting the odd win... we're going to do that but the other way round ;)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
We do miss tons of chances and need to be much more clinical in front of goal. It was evident in the Frickley and Kendal games too.

3 wins and 2 draws is a good start, but we should be aiming for top spot and we dont want to be 5 or 6 points behind the leaders after about 7 games.

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »
Gotta disagree with the gunslinger, I thought that the pace of the game showed just how cumbersome Suarez is, not a lot of pace at all.

For me, Boston deserved the draw because they could have won the game twice over with the chances they had but Hucknall will argue that it was good goalkeeping and not poor finishing that kept the score down. In all honesty you could not really argue with that.

I wonder though if the management might consider that they got it slightly wrong today.

I would have thought that Camm, Davidson and Clarke were rested because of the frequency of games being played, they certainly weren't injured. But a certain amount of balance was reintroduced to the team when they all took to the pitch and an equaliser started to look all the more likely.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
yes they were rested. i dont think it matters thou aswe did creat the same amount of chances as we would normally. In truth it was just hero,s in the hucknal defence and goal that in truth would have stopped a steam train today