Author Topic: Gainsborough Trinity  (Read 4302 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gainsborough Trinity
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
Trinity appoint Little as manager 

Little's managerial career spans more than 800 games
Gainsborough have appointed former Aston Villa, Leicester City and Wrexham boss Brian Little as their new manager on a two-year deal.

Little, 55, succeeds Steve Charles who was dismissed by the Blue Square North club after four games of the season.

Trinity chairman Peter Swann told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "When you think of the squad and the experience we've got, we needed a manager of that calibre.

"Once I found out there was an interest we managed to work out a deal."

Little spent his entire playing career with Aston Villa and won one full England cap as a substitute against Wales in 1975.

His managerial career also includes spells with Darlington, Wolves, West Bromwich Albion and Tranmere.

Little will begin work at the Northolme on September 7, with Trinity defender Adie Moses in caretaker charge in the interim period.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough Trinity
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »
Confirms my suspicions....... they really are a Little team and they'll always B Little  ;D

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
Rumours in the "town" are that £70k a year made him really interested.

Shodfried

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
TM,

do you know this Swann geezer?

He seems a bit of a tool to me, always on their forum and chucking money at a dead end club.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
Nice to see Travelling Man posting again!

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 04:02:46 AM »
Rumours in the "town" are that £70k a year made him really interested.

I cant see that. A man of his calibre is obviously going to command a good few quid, but thats the kind of money managers in league one and some probably in the championship are getting

Wasn't it in the papers, even allowing for some distortion, that  Campbells wages in a week, or was it a fortnight was more than the managers yearly wage

I would have thought half of that amount would have enticed the 'little' man into Lincolnshire

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »
The rumour is very strong, as my business is based in Gainsborough, a number of my guys are members of the Blues Club, this is a club owned by the members and in turn they also own the ground.

As for Peter Swan, he runs the (brilliant in my view) Sands Venue along with the State Club. He is attached (I understand) to one of the Wilko family members. Whenever you see him around he always seems to be a genuine chatty kind of guy, not really heard a bad word said against him.