Author Topic: vs Worcester......  (Read 8566 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
vs Worcester......
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »
 I was one of the 841 odd hardy sould tonight at YS.....a  really entertaining game IMO with the referee amazingly awarding 3 penaltys in the game....Once again a lack of defensive concentration cost us for all of their 3 goals.....We could have gone 3-2 up at 2-2 but SWD failed at the vital moment when it looked easier to score than miss....Ross played well,Sleath hobbled off and was on crutches at the end of the game......Some Posters  on this board will be pleased that TW didnt start but his replacement Austin had a very average game IMO.....Stainfield is still very raw but a good Coach could improve and develop him....I guess it really is over now....

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: vs Worcester......
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »
Good game and performance tonight! Stood next to GHM and we never heard anybody moan about the team throughout the game! Must be a first ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
Stood next to GHM and we never heard anybody moan about the team throughout the game! Must be a first ?

They all didn't bother coming, maybe they're the missing 300.  Without wanting to be accused of cyber bullying, maybe they were online offering a cheap ticket as they couldn't get  ;D

Could have gone either way. Newsham won't miss a chance that easy in another 100 games.  At 2-2 we should have gone onto win it. They were a big side, and we just didn't have the power to match them in a battle, so we had to pass it through them, which at times was a joy to watch.

One positive is that we still look a better side than earlier in the season.  We're an Alan White figure short in the centre of the defence (although big Kev did superb tonight considering his recent lack of games and the size of their front 2.)

The midfield 3 of Milnes, Sleath and Ross look good but we're maybe a battler away, to clog our way into games we're not in.

SWD and Newsham have shown that we maybe don't need a big man if we're playing the three in the middle, although again we probably need one for a plan b.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
Personally didn't enjoy the game tonight. Thought they made it scrappy on purpose as it played to their strengths and didn't allow us to get our passing game going. It's these sort of games we need a Church type player as they out-muscled us.

I think it shows we're not quite good enough for play-offs despite the recent upturn in performances. Worcester deserved the win but it was tedious to watch, especially their Rugby-esque kicking into touch for a throw, slowing the game down to a snails pace.

We have the core of a good young squad though and the right additions would see us challenging next season.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:11:41 AM »
Stood next to GHM and we never heard anybody moan about the team throughout the game! Must be a first ?

They all didn't bother coming, maybe they're the missing 300.  Without wanting to be accused of cyber bullying, maybe they were online offering a cheap ticket as they couldn't get  ;D

I'll happily swap places with you, fact is I don't always have access to a baby sitter in midweek and given the season ended in September I wasn't going to pester anyone for what was nothing more than a glorified friendly last night. But feel free to take cheap shots, its amazing how no one ever gets personal on the Utd Facebook page though.......oh sorry, real identities are visible there!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
Thought they made it scrappy on purpose as it played to their strengths and didn't allow us to get our passing game going.  Worcester deserved the win but it was tedious to watch, especially their Rugby-esque kicking into touch for a throw, slowing the game down to a snails pace.

Agree with all of that, very much like Gloucester were last year, only a bit more mobile, little bit less weight and a bit more talent.  This is by far the worst division for time wasting and nothing games, I simply don't remember games like lat night being as common in the Unidump.  Maybe its due to having teams with a bit more professionalism but only in terms of organisation, but not enough to outplay teams so they kill the game.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
After their goalkeeper,s performance at the end of the game I would love the FA to grow a pair and deduct Worcester the 3 points, incidently it's not sour grapes I also think they shouldn't award them to us.

Behaviour like he displayed cannot be passed off as simple exuberance and in a different situation could quite easily have sparked off serious trouble.

Other than that looking forward to next season. I believe we've got the nucleus of a play off team, which with one or two additions could put us right up there.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »
Their keeper came back out of the tunnel and gave his gloves to a fan! Nice gesture?

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
although you may not believe it-I was very offended by the goalkeepers actions last night at the end of the game- the gestures he made were quite graphic and then he did it again.Hope its on CCTV and sent to the FA

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
After their goalkeeper,s performance at the end of the game I would love the FA to grow a pair and deduct Worcester the 3 points, incidently it's not sour grapes I also think they shouldn't award them to us.

Behaviour like he displayed cannot be passed off as simple exuberance and in a different situation could quite easily have sparked off serious trouble.

Other than that looking forward to next season. I believe we've got the nucleus of a play off team, which with one or two additions could put us right up there.

The way I see this one is that if people are willing to give players or Goalkeepers stick they should be able to take it back, I know he maybe went over board but it's the same thing,

Nothing will be said to those "young" fans behind that goal giving him all sorts of abusive language when the final whistle went though?

Some people need to learn if they can't take it don't give it out

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »

I'll happily swap places with you, fact is I don't always have access to a baby sitter in midweek and given the season ended in September I wasn't going to pester anyone for what was nothing more than a glorified friendly last night. But feel free to take cheap shots, its amazing how no one ever gets personal on the Utd Facebook page though.......oh sorry, real identities are visible there!
And you never take cheap shots? Lambasting anybody if they say anything remotely positive and/or going against your opinion...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »

The way I see this one is that if people are willing to give players or Goalkeepers stick they should be able to take it back, I know he maybe went over board but it's the same thing,

Nothing will be said to those "young" fans behind that goal giving him all sorts of abusive language when the final whistle went though?

Some people need to learn if they can't take it don't give it out

The difference is they gave the stick to him, he gave it to every one. Players are told not to react to that sort of thing,(which by the way I don't condone) he let himself and his team down and will probably get a fine for it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:11:02 AM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

And you never take cheap shots? Lambasting anybody if they say anything remotely positive and/or going against your opinion...

But I make no secret of who I am Scott, I'll happily front up anyone with an issue with what I say. I pay my money and have my say,I'm not trying to curry flavour with anyone connected to the club or any supporter. Thats why I like WP's posts, he says it like it is, he's not got his tongue down the back of anyone's trousers at the club and he see's things in black and white, not through rose tinted specs like some do.

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »
oh dear the keeper behaved like a knob why are you all falling out over this

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
oh dear the keeper behaved like a knob why are you all falling out over this

I think it's actually called debating not falling out.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR