Author Topic: Kirk out...someone else in?  (Read 8202 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Kirk out...someone else in?
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Seen on the OS that Kirk has left the club. With the transfer window closing tomorrow is this a case of making space for a new face? Any rumours going around?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kirk out...someone else in?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »
also to add to this is i see our flying(without) landing dutch winger as also had the 7 day thingy destroyed, with the room that he was going to take up and the kirk funds i seem to feel that we are heading in the dirrection for a late incomming

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
Constantine has also moved on without being replaced. To give ourselfs the best possible chance for the end of the season i would like to see another forward player and someone similar to White who we have missed since he left, could really do with another big presence at the back. However if we don't manage to get anyone in James Reed had a very good game for the reserves last night and on last nights performance should be ahead of Hall in the midfield pecking order who had an absolute shocker misplacing several 15-20 yard passes dispite being unchallenged and has done nothing all season.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:02:34 PM »
Craig via his twitter account has confirmed he is on 'signing duty' so yep, another coming in!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
Carl,

Hall's been shocking all season, easily the worst player we've had and that includes Floorcloth,Suarez and Stones. Quite how he's 'played' the number of games he has at this level is beyond me.......

And is anyone bothered Kirk's gone? Anonymous most game, he offered little in my opinion.

Be nice to see an attacking midfielder brought in, a bit of muscle wont go amiss. The back line seems settled, I know Canners can be a bit of a liability but I'd stick with him until the seasons end. Hopefully quality will come in the next couple of months for that sustained title challenge next season......play offs should be the minimum aim next term, anything less sells us short as supporters.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »
Dudfield? I hear he is now a free agent again!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
Winger called Smith from Lincoln United aged 22 see Official site. Hopefully one more in the next 24hrs

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »
Josh Burge returns on loan and Lewis Sturman registers with BSBN ..

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
I bet Droylsden can't believe their luck!  Josh Burge looked totally outclassed last season in the 4 - 0 hammering by them.  Please don't let him play this season especially when we are chasing results for a possible play off position.  I'm all for giving players a chance but I was present at this match and he just looked as though he didn't know what to do - chasing shadows all over the pitch.

If, however, he plays and we do well I will eat my words and apologise for being so wrong about him but he will have to have improved no end.

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »
He was no more 'out of his depth' than any other BUFC player that match hence the scoreline
As, has been said before I'm sure some of the players read the posts on here - you're comment is hardly going to boost his confidence!!
The managers clearly know what they are doing which is why we are pushing for the playoffs - how about you get off his case and give him a fair chance rather than judge him on one game, where every player in a Boston shirt was on the loosing side!!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
I bet Droylsden can't believe their luck!  Josh Burge looked totally outclassed last season in the 4 - 0 hammering by them.  Please don't let him play this season especially when we are chasing results for a possible play off position.  I'm all for giving players a chance but I was present at this match and he just looked as though he didn't know what to do - chasing shadows all over the pitch.

If, however, he plays and we do well I will eat my words and apologise for being so wrong about him but he will have to have improved no end.

I was there as well and it is true that he didn't have the best of games. But by the same token Droylsden aren't the same side this year as they were last, and they've resorted to signing 44-year-old midfielders...

http://www.bluesqnorth.com/story/0,20970,13041_7609471,00.html

At 21, hopefully Josh Burge will win the midfield battles this time around!

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »
I watched Burge against Eastwood, home and away, and thought he was easily their best player.

He was certainly miles better than when he played for us.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
I just can't believe how we go round in circles signing players deemed surplus to requirements last season........how many hundreds of players are there out there looking for clubs, players that HAVEN'T played for us before?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
Carry on like this the next thing we know these managers will be signing pilgrim rejects
such as Jermaine Easter!!
Give em a three year contract!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
My take on the comings and goings and other stuff mentioned on this thread:

Kirk: I was really excited when he arrived and expected big things of him. Whilst he's had a couple of decent games has really failed to live up to expectation. I tend to agree with Tyrone to a large degree this is due to the formation not suiting and lack of fitness, see here. I think the effort has been there though and wish the lad well.

Hall: Personally think he is a confidence player. Seem to remember someone putting something off twitter on here early season from him which came across like he was/is lacking in confidence. If he can get a bit of confidence I think he could be a real asset, certainly don't think it helps people knocking him (or anyone else for that matter).

Reed: Not alot to go on but he was easily our best player at Grantham in the Lincs shield which included a few first teamers.

Smith: Can't remember much about any of the Lincoln Utd players in the pre-season game too busy concentrating on our own players performances. I do remember the goal he scored though, a cracking effort from a really tight angle. A wait and see before judging but pleasing we are sticking with young players.

Burge: Was a bit of a "headless chicken" in that disastrous Droylsden game last season and didn't really look fit. I'm with Gus though, for Eastwood in both games thought he was unrecognisable from the player we had and was one of their best players (along with Franny Green). I think it'll be a decent signing based on those performances but will reserve judgement until I see him play for us.