Author Topic: Scott Sacked  (Read 3971 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Scott Sacked
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Andy not Rob , Only watching him today on ssn talking about his work with young players and heart problems etc.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:34:43 PM by faraway pilgrim »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Sacked
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
Its that time of season where clubs who've under achieved decide to make a fresh start. Personally I'd like to see managers given a minimum 3 years in a job, then you've time to mould things how you want......I don't think Andy Scott had been with the Millers for more than 12 months, is it really possible to turn things around in that short a time frame?

Some clubs should just accept they'll always be bit part players, I laughed when I saw Macc sack Simmo, I mean, realistically they are a small Conference club, probably their natural level is where we are......in my eyes they are over achieving just by being in L2. Be nice to see the Daggers stay up this season after their show of faith in John Still, it'll be a big ask but again there's a small club punching above its station.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
Agree fully with all N/F says , defies believe that some of our fans were expressing discontentment with our managers only a few weeks ago .   

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:11 PM »
Minimum 3 years, within three months some were on our guys back despite it being their first jobs.   ;D ;D

Personally I'd like to see managers given a minimum 3 years in a job, then you've time to mould things how you want......I don't think Andy Scott had been with the Millers for more than 12 months, is it really possible to turn things around in that short a time frame?

Next season should start on Monday with the dismissal of the two managers and an enthusiastic search for a capable replacement with experience at this level the bare minimum.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
 :D
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
Yeah... I found that post rather confusing too.....

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
In fairness to our two they've turned things round since they got shut of the dead wood like Floorcloth and FcukHall......my issue is what they saw in both in the 1st place along with the 3 Amigo's up front who had all gone by Xmas. They learnt from their mistakes which gives me hope for next season, they need though to be out now getting next seasons squad in place before the end of this season. We don't want to be in the same boat as last summer where we missed out on the best players by dragging our heels.

Good job I'm not chairman really...... ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:53 AM »
The squad has the making of a good side, and for the change in fortunes they should be commended.  My only worry is that we're yet to fill the combative midfielder position all season and chances are Sleath will move on leaving a bigger hole in the middle.  If we can keep the Sleath, Ross, Milnes trio in there, a fit Semple making 4, then the spine and engine room of the side already look good. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »
Maybe Scofield , Jackson ,Sutton ,Tilson and shortly Holdsworth wishes you were chairman
N/F .  It would have been another club on their CVs maybe!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »
Just been on codalmighty , as usual the diary contains a good mix of sense and humour ,
If the" moaners" read todays diary they will understand why us "happy clappers "always advocate time and tolerance for rookie managers while they are learning the job.