Author Topic: Probably the best game of the season but........  (Read 8218 times)

Seenbetter

Re: Probably the best game of the season but........
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
Agree it was a good game and a well earned point. We have been doing better since JL has stopped playing for us. We seemed worse off when he came on and what the hell did he think he was doing kicking back (or stamping back) at their player who was on the ground. Did he think Altrincham needed a hand to win by getting us down to 10 men. He was very very lucky an official didnt see him doing that back kick otherwise he would have been straight off. And dont anyone dare trying to defend that kick back because he was an absolute idiot for doing it. On the pitch he is a liability and should hang up his boots. The joker in black with the whistle wouldnt recognise a foul if it was served up for his Sunday dinner with its feathers still on, and as for the 50/50 draw, I cant even get the colour of the ticket right never mind the number. Oh yes, as for the play offs, the extra games would be a nice little earner for the club but we cant afford promotion. Oh and a second oh yes, wouldnt it be nice if any spare dosh from the scott/hurst settlement could pay for free entry for everyone at a selected home game.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »
Yes, it would be nice, but can the club afford to do so? We're not making a profit this year...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
Did Newcastle give fans free admission when they sold Andy Carroll for £30k ?

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
Oh and a second oh yes, wouldnt it be nice if any spare dosh from the scott/hurst settlement could pay for free entry for everyone at a selected home game.
just think that would be a good way to spunk it up the wall. needs to be put into club after lower gates this season!!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 08:25:01 AM »
Agree it was a good game and a well earned point. We have been doing better since JL has stopped playing for us. We seemed worse off when he came on and what the hell did he think he was doing kicking back (or stamping back) at their player who was on the ground. Did he think Altrincham needed a hand to win by getting us down to 10 men. He was very very lucky an official didnt see him doing that back kick otherwise he would have been straight off. And dont anyone dare trying to defend that kick back because he was an absolute idiot for doing it. On the pitch he is a liability and should hang up his boots. The joker in black with the whistle wouldnt recognise a foul if it was served up for his Sunday dinner with its feathers still on, and as for the 50/50 draw, I cant even get the colour of the ticket right never mind the number. Oh yes, as for the play offs, the extra games would be a nice little earner for the club but we cant afford promotion. Oh and a second oh yes, wouldnt it be nice if any spare dosh from the scott/hurst settlement could pay for free entry for everyone at a selected home game.

thank god your not running our football club, we'd have gone under years ago. Free entry for a game because we made roughly £10k. get real. giving a free game would put us back at square 1 again, £10k up is £10k better off

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
I do find the 'we cannot afford promotion' argument an interesting one. Should gain promotion admission prices would likely go up from £12 to £14 for standing. Average attendances would likely go from 1200 at present to between 1600 and 1800 with, this increase coming from both home and away fans with the likes of Lincoln, Grimsby, Cambridge, Mansfield and Luton all bringing over 1000. Plus the BSP have a TV deal where all clubs will be getting a share. If we get promoted I can see revenue increasing by up to 40%. If we stay a part time club and only increase the playing budget by 25% we should be able to be competitive whilst being a lot better off financially.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »
I do find the 'we cannot afford promotion' argument an interesting one. Should gain promotion admission prices would likely go up from £12 to £14 for standing. Average attendances would likely go from 1200 at present to between 1600 and 1800 with, this increase coming from both home and away fans with the likes of Lincoln, Grimsby, Cambridge, Mansfield and Luton all bringing over 1000. Plus the BSP have a TV deal where all clubs will be getting a share. If we get promoted I can see revenue increasing by up to 40%. If we stay a part time club and only increase the playing budget by 25% we should be able to be competitive whilst being a lot better off financially.

All very well if we're breaking even, but it's clear that we're not there yet.

Also, banking on TV money in the BSP is a dangerous game to play - ITV...Setanta...?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
Too true about the TV money, but even without that we should be better off. Although having a full time team in BSP would mean the wage bill would be unaffordable, however surely keeping a part time team in BSP we would be better off than a part time team in BSN?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:18:23 PM by Lee Newell »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
Tend to agree with Lee, I keep hearing and reading that we can't afford promotion but no hard facts as to why. As he says above as long as we stay part-time and only increase the playing budget by a small percentage I think the extra revenue brought in by more fans (home and away) etc. would reduce the year on year deficit (and may wipe it out altogether) not increase IMO.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
our costs would surely go up though.

PC Plod is going to want a lot more to police Lincoln, Grimsby, Kettering, Mansfield and Luton that they do for Droylsdon, Hyde and Gainsborough "26" Trinity..

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »
And mercenary players will want more to play for us at that level I would think.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 04:36:45 PM »
our costs would surely go up though.

PC Plod is going to want a lot more to police Lincoln, Grimsby, Kettering, Mansfield and Luton that they do for Droylsdon, Hyde and Gainsborough "26" Trinity..

C'mon people think about this logically the income from lets say 1000 fans from Lincoln etc is not going to be outwayed by the extra policing needed. Part time teams DO survive in the BSP and we would only struggle financially if we tried to compete with Lutton etc on players/management wages, all on here should be able to give David Newton more credit than that by now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »
Read recently that subject to FA permission the conference plan to monitor teams player budgets next season. Wealthy chairmen will have to but their money into shares or gift it to the club rather than loans , this is long overdue .