Author Topic: Stocksbridge  (Read 2850 times)

Ben Grant

• View Profile
Stocksbridge
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »
Went along to Stocksbridge v Frickley today. They have a nice set up, typical unibond ground with only 2 sides but tidy and in a nice setting. I'd expect us to fill the place!

On to the game, very entertaining and despite the heavy win I thought we contained frickley much better, they had a lot of chances in this game they looked a different team.

We probably created as many if not more chances agianst them than the steels but they took theirs well.

They have on star in the making a young lad called Vardy who looked too good for this level and is reportedly attracting interest from league clubs.

Overall though think we have a better team. disappointed we couldn't get the 3 points today but look at the teams around us at the top and our results against them. Its a great start for us and this is going to be an exciting season  :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Stocksbridge
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
Hopefully Vardy will get snapped up quickly then
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ben Grant

• View Profile
Re: Stocksbridge
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
I thought the same. He scored 2 and created at least one of the others goals they scored. without him they would be average. I understand he got sent off on sat and has to serve a ban.