Author Topic: Tonight's result  (Read 5220 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Tonight's result
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
Excellent result ona Monday night.

Win the next two against near rivals Altrincham (H) and the very beatable Droylsden (A) and I dare say we may find ourselves in a play-off race...

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's result
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »

It's still a long shot, but we've got to keep the momentum going and see where it takes us. Those sides that do make late bursts into play-off contention tend to do quite well, as they then enter the play-offs in confident mood and good form. So here's hoping ...

... Tonight wasn't the best game you'll ever see but it's case of "job done", and we take the three points and move on. We were the better of the two sides. SWD took both of his goals well and Newsham was unlucky with a first half effort against the post. Inbetween times Hinckley did cause us one or two problems at the back. Their goal was a bit scrappy and they had other similar spells of attacking play, but we mostly managed to scramble the ball away.

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:21 PM »
Just got in after going to tonight's game, I thought we did what we had do tonight it wasn't the best of performances but the right result with two fairly tidy finishes from SWD, i thought stainfield played well aswell dealing with most balls thrown at him! We also took a fair few fans as well for a Monday night. play offs here we come  ::)

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
The OS states that Scott and Hurst were there.

Were they looking at anyone in particular, or just looking and wondering why they left us.

Court case shortly.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »
Scott and Hurst were tucked away in the top corner of the stand like two naughty school boys.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »

Were they looking at anyone in particular, or just looking and wondering why they left us.

Court case shortly.

Winning monthly awards tends to get a bit of interest going.  :-\
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
Scunthorpe manager was also in attendance...

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »

Court case shortly.

According to the Grimsby forum they were looking at a Hinckley player :

Rumours rife on Twitter that Scott and Hurst are looking at Hinckleys Andre Gray. Apparently them. Alan Knill and Gary Brabin were all at there game tonight to watch him.

Thought it was another well deserved victory last night, with the team really trying to play football on the floor with a  passing game that is pleasing to watch . Good team performance , with Ben Fairclough once again causing a defence all sorts of problems.