Author Topic: Play-Offs  (Read 5978 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Play-Offs
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »
Could we actually sneak in? 9 points off play-off spot with Guiseley and Halifax 10 and 11 points above us.

Looking at our final fixtures we've still got to play Altrincham, Worcester and Gainsborough all at home with a trip to Halifax on Easter Monday.

I know we've been very inconsistent this seaosn but does anyone believe if we can get a few points out these games and pick up points against some of the lower sides we have to play, have we a genuine chance of sneaking in? or am I being over optimistic?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Play-Offs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
Very Small Chance, But With Worcester now the only team to have got more points out of the last six than Boston the form table shows us doing slightly better than some of those above us

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
IF we do keep winning, the element in our favour is that we play 6 of the 9 teams above us. We're still not consistent enough to do it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »
And I thought that claims to be able to reach the play-off's this late in the season was the preserve of deluded Lincoln fans  ;D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Not a hope in hell. What we need to be doing from now till the end of the season is, targetting 4 or 5 players we will need to to push for promotion next season and, getting the players from this season who are good enough on a contract.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »
If we win tomorrow and Trinity lose, it's only 6 points.  That's do-able, but we've got a lot of tough games.  Any injuries/suspensions will do for us as I think we've got a decent starting XI but no like for like backup.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
winning tomorrow will give the players a hugh amount of belief to push  for the play-offs, but we need to win most of the remaining games. fortunately half the games left are against teams above us, so if we do win we are cutting the gap. all being very very well we may still have a slim chance.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »
If we win tomorrow and Trinity lose, it's only 6 points.  That's do-able, but we've got a lot of tough games.  Any injuries/suspensions will do for us as I think we've got a decent starting XI but no like for like backup.
Agree with the OP and this. Any injuries and our squad isn't that good (until Semps gets back to finess at least). We need to win those home games aagainst Worcester, Trinity and Altrincham to give ourselves any chance and then better all 3 + Stalybridge in the remaining games. Very do-able especially if results go our way tonight but we need consistency that hasn't been there all season. Until it's mathematically impossible I personally will never rule anything out, so heart says yes head says no.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
Playing those above us is key, normally you'd look at the table and think it was pretty much a lost cause.  But a lot of those teams still have to play us and if we knick wins off the teams above, we'll slowly creep it back.  Anymore Woucester type results though and it is gone.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
I think Worcester will be the team to come through and nip in to the play-offs .
You must be a happy clapper like myself LCB ,  the moaners do not appear to grasp that having a bash at the top teams is to our advantage in this situation .

wilko559

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »
I think we have a good chance at getting to the playoffs. It will be hard work for the lads and we will have to just have to see how the rest of the season pans out.  ;)