Author Topic: Jim Harvey - disgrace  (Read 4874 times)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Jim Harvey - disgrace
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
For those who weren't there or didn't see it, when Newsh scored the first he ran over to his brother in the stand to celebrate.  As he ran past the Stalybridge dugout, their manager Jim Harvey tripped him.

You don't even see that at schools level football.  Appalling behaviour by such an experienced manager and he should get a long touchline ban as a result.  He certainly needs to make a public apology to Newsh and BUFC.

He got what he deserved with the result, let's hope he gets an appropriate punishment as well.

I'd like to hear Mr Stretton's reason for not sending Harvey to the stand (as well as his explanation for all the injury time - we played 105 minutes today and have another game on Monday!)

Tim Ryan also let himself down by mouthing off to the crowd.  The stewards did well in a difficult situation but they were told (and told us) that Ryan would be kept in the dressing room for the second half, but he then wasn't.  I assume that was down to the ref, who clearly thought we wanted to watch him.  His most bizarre decision was saved for last - he booked a Staly player apparently for taking a free kick (time-wasting?  they were 3-1 down 8 mins into injury time!) then made them re-take it and they scored from the second attempt.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Harvey - disgrace
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
I think the booking was for taking the free kick before he had blown the whistle,think the ref was counting the 10 yards when he took it..

As for their manager,absolute disgrace but how come Newsh got more of a ticking off from the ref than he did??As Newsh said to Scott,he doesn't score goals like that very often and wanted to celebrate to his brother.What were the assistant and the 4th official watching as Newsh ran over?? I cannot fathom how the 3 of them missed it...

The ref was a joke,he gave them a free kick for a high boot about two minutes after we didn't get one for the same offence,their number 10 was elbowing and shirt pulling all game and all he got was a wagging finger yet we get two bookings...

One more question,how the hell did we miss from four yards within minutes of the second half starting???

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Yet another reason if we needed one to get out of this division.

Another scummy team with no class.

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:52:15 AM »
Ref started 2nd half at 8 minutes past 4 by my watch after allowing first half to drag on by nearly 10 minutes! Stalybridge scored their 2nd goal at 4.57 by my watch - i.e in 95th minute.  Maybe I need a new watch.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
As I said the last time we played them, cnut who has tried to get players sent off on the last 2 visits to Bower Fold, succeeding once.

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3008.msg39307#msg39307

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
Ref started 2nd half at 8 minutes past 4 by my watch after allowing first half to drag on by nearly 10 minutes! Stalybridge scored their 2nd goal at 4.57 by my watch - i.e in 95th minute.  Maybe I need a new watch.
The players only came out of the tunnel at the start of the game at 2.59pm. Poor time-keeping overall by the referee.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »

Seconded......

Shit teams, shit refs, shit grounds,shit away support,shit football. A shit league full of shit.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »

But Jim Harvey has spent his managerial career in the Conference (Premier), so don't expect any better at the next level!

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »
What amazes me is that there is no mention of the Harvey-Newsham incident on their website and they have the gall to suggest their defeat was unjustified.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
To be fair, they're hardly going to draw attention to their manager doing that on their own website.  Their fans seemed to feel hard done by after the game, but I think it was one of those games where so much happened that either side could have felt aggrieved whatever the result.

They should have had a penalty early on when Ward pulled a player back, but we should have had a similar one in the second half.  Our penalty was one that wouldn't always be given, but it was a clear handball (the only one the ref saw all afternoon!), and if we hadn't played 'extra time' they wouldn't have got as close as 3-2.

I thought we were full value for the 3 points in the second half and 3-1 was a fair reflection.  Just glad to get the win when we have that sort of ref - if they hadn't put the ball in for the 2nd goal, he would probably have sent Ross off for handball, so even conceding that goal probably worked in our favour in the end.