Anyone shed any light on why the game finished at 5 pm
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: TIME
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
The ref had 3-2 in the sweepstake?

Apparently, this ref also does not allow the extra time board to be used....I make it we played 5 minutes on the first half and 9 on the second....quite bizarre.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:28:46 PM »
Annoyed as I predicted 3-1- cheers ref

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
Annoyed as I predicted 3-1- cheers ref

Me too doc
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
I think ref wanted to be centre of attention  ;D

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
"Doesn't allow the board to be used?" Isn't it in the regulations for leagues at this level and above, and therefore outside the ref's jurisdiction. In this age of spread betting, it leaves him open to accusations of fixing. I'm sure he doesn't want that.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:31 PM »
Somebody near me suggested that in this league the ref's are paid by the hour.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
There was nothing in the game, how it went over the 45 each half I have no idea.  We'd still be there now if he'd been in charge of the Gloucester game with all their time wasting.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
The ref had 3-2 in the sweepstake?

Apparently, this ref also does not allow the extra time board to be used....I make it we played 5 minutes on the first half and 9 on the second....quite bizarre.
Yep got the same amount of added time, ridiculous as there where virtually no stoppages in either half. 

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »
I suspect the ref entered their prediction league as the preview on the Staly site has this forecast:

"The automated prediction algorithm is suggesting a 3-2 win for Boston, but Celtic need the win to stay in the play-offs. With Altrincham hosting Bishop’s Stortford, they could easily replace Celtic in the top five. Gainsborough host Nuneaton, and a win for Gainsborough could also see them replace Celtic in the top spots. A win for Celtic, however, could lift them to third, possibly three points behind Nuneaton. Guiseley have a tricky away fixture at Gloucester, whilst either Hyde or Halifax will drop points in their match."

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
"Doesn't allow the board to be used?" Isn't it in the regulations for leagues at this level and above, and therefore outside the ref's jurisdiction. In this age of spread betting, it leaves him open to accusations of fixing. I'm sure he doesn't want that.
O
It is up to the referee to decide at this level (and below I assume) whether he wants injury time displaying.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:47 PM »
he's got form..

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/sport/football/9540050.Tividale_0_Peterborough_Northern_Star_2_AET/

"Tempers flared in the closing stages, as both Clarke and Star’s Matthew Cook were booked for a fracas.

Tivi were pushing more and more men up front and this left plenty of room for Star to counter as referee Stretton appeared to lose track of time.

Stefeirei saw an effort brilliantly saved by Beech from Vierria’s pull back. The Tivi keeper then tipped a Stefeirei effort round the post after the striker had raced clean through from the halfway line.

With most of the crowd and players expecting the final whistle, Star broke again and Stefeirei finally got his goal. After being bundled over by Paskin, he stepped up to fire past Beech from the spot and seal the game in the fifth minute of stoppage time."

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »
O
It is up to the referee to decide at this level (and below I assume) whether he wants injury time displaying.

The obvious question being why wouldnt you want to display the time, leaving all the fans in the dark/

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »
Perhaps he bought his watch from Del Boy.  ::)