Author Topic: vs. Guiseley  (Read 23004 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: vs. Guiseley
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »
Another set of pics, more to follow. Those of a sensitive disposition look away now.  ;D

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:06:44 PM by Ken Fox »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
A few more pics, more to follow...

Is this the pen? Looked soft in real time, if this it it then it looks very much like their player collided with the guy that went down.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »
A few more pics, more to follow...

Is this the pen? Looked soft in real time, if this it it then it looks very much like their player collided with the guy that went down.

Yes, that's their penalty. Though the ref talked to Davidson after giving it, so he may have been pushing their player at the back.

This is our penalty.

It looked like Davidson tripped over his own feet to me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:42:21 PM by Ken Fox »

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 08:44:46 PM »
This is our penalty.

It looked like Davidson tripped over his own feet to me.
[/quote]

Davidson threw himself at the players legs after he turned him - slightly clearer penalty from where I was standing

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
The final set of pics from today probably..

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »
Got there 20 minutes late (think most of the Boston support was late in some degree or other), so cannot comment on first 20 mins. The 25 mins of the first half I did see was scrappy and looked to be heading into half time at 0-0. Was at the other end so couldn't see that well but from that vantage point there looked nothing wrong, a totally bizarre decision that only the ref knows why it was given, penalty dispatched 1-0. As I said at half time that this will test the mettle of the team as it was the first time they had been behind in competitive football, and they didn't disappoint.

Second half was apart from a 5 minute spell where Guiseley forced several corners in quick succession 1 way traffic. First goal was a sensational strike from Danny Sleath on the half volley straight into the top corner and was worth the admission fee alone. The penalty for us seemed as equally soft as theirs but they cannot have any complaints as it evened things up decisions wise. Penalty scored and not long later Sleath got his second direct from a free kick that somehow went under the keeper. Had any of the other numerous chances gone in it could have been a lot more emphatic.

As has been said this would of been a game we would of lost last season but this seasons squad never know when they are beaten and through hard work and at times some neat approach play turned the game around. Personally think this team can only get better and when they do click someone is going to take a heavy beating. For me the most pleasing aspect this season and the reason we are doing so well as nobody thinks they are the star of the team and it is totally a team effort. Also the fitness of the team tells at the end of the game.

What started as a bad day out, stuck in traffic, missing the kick off, getting drenched, a terrible ref decision  to put us 1 down ended as a fantastic day  ;D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »
The final set of pics from today probably..

Disappointed to not see any of the gurning that went on after the third goal, more pictures of people doing silly things after the ball hits the net are needed, lord only knows what people must look like jumping around like epileptic monkeys.

Though it has to be said that all your photos are better than mine and I had the camera out and ready for all three golas but got shots of the floor then sky then floor as I celebrated and forgot the camera was in my hand! ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2009, 10:13:48 PM »
Can't add much to the above really.Nightmare journey,missed first ten minutes or so.get wet and fall(undeservedly)behind to the most dubious penalty ever given.What a reaction though from the boys in the second half.Brilliant result,now lets back it up with a home win Monday. ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:16:00 PM by O CHO MEALLT »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »
Disappointed to not see any of the gurning that went on after the third goal, more pictures of people doing silly things after the ball hits the net are needed, lord only knows what people must look like jumping around like epileptic monkeys.

Will these do?  :)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »

Will these do?  :)

epileptic monkeys indeed!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:48:57 PM by truffleshuffle »

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2009, 11:25:49 PM »
There probably would be more but I was jumping up and down like a monkey right in front of Ken thus obstructing his view of our first goal celebrations!

Sorry Ken....

PS great performance today, we should fear no team in this league now. well done lads!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:31:52 PM by Ben Grant »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
missed 1st 10-15 minutes or so ,but from what i saw it was evenly matched with only the referee decding to give a penatly to guiseley for what is anyones guess , so it we went into HT 1-0 down

i think the best thing about today was that in a strange way , it shows this team can come back from behind + really want this and really dug in in the poor conditons , which we could only dreamt of last season , them lot would of just rolled over and gave them a free target at goal

also , i think this sqaud is full of good players who can actually come on and do something ,which is a good sign as the season goes on , players will have injuries suspensions etc , its good too see we've got strength in depth ,as it seems at the minute

1 last thing , great turn out from us, maybe could of been more if it was'nt for the traffic jam , but ah well

;D

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »
Scott just loves getting into trouble with the referee...

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »
is it me or does jamie clarke look like one of the chuckle brothers

Yea your probably right.............. TO ME ......TO HIM..... GET IN!!!!!!!!!  ;D
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.