Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 36878 times)

tigerroar

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
Can't we make it last until tomorrow at least?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
Can't we make it last until tomorrow at least?

Noooo you'll be in school then.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Our number eight was sat on the bench at the time, or do they "all look the same" to you?

Your defender had no intention of touching the ball. put himself in harms way and deserved to feel the force of the tackle.
I can now see why you are so popular on the NL forum, I have never seen such drivel been typed.

So in tigerroar world if he had broke his leg he deserved it?

It wouldn't have broken a leg because there was little or no contact from Wilson, there may have been between the keeper and defender though. The defender had no need to put himself in there.
Really no contact. Ok mate.  :dan

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »

It wouldn't have broken a leg because there was little or no contact from Wilson, there may have been between the keeper and defender though. The defender had no need to put himself in there.

Tigersoarloser, you must have bloody good eyesight if you can tell whether or not there was any contact!  :o

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Think Tigerroar lives on a diet of hard cheese, tough shit, sour grapes and pints of bitter?

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
See, your player put himself in between the challenge and the ball with no intention of getting there. He had no intention of going for the ball, only obstructing our player and only has himself to blame.

The thuggish reaction of the goalkeeper and the intimidation from the crowd got him sent off. If it was a foul, which I don't even think it was then it was a yellow at the very most.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
Those photos quite clearly show your player just launching into a studs up tackle from three feet away as our keeper already is already gathering the ball. Hardly a compelling defence.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
It was a clear foul. It was a definite red. Your photos show Bastock collecting the ball comfortably, with your player launching himself at Stainfield. Where is the doubt?!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »
The fourth photo clearly shows that the defender has run across the challenge to block it and has gotten himself hurt in the process. At no point are "studs up" either.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »
Stainfield is between the attacker and the ball at all times, and therefore is in control. The studs are up in the fourth photo.. thanks for the evidence!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »
Didn't get a good view, but these photos prove that the ref got it right.
Thought Fairclough and Milnes were outstanding yesterday 8)
A few weeks ago we would have struggled against a side like Gloucester, looks like the managers are learning fast.  ;)

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »
Stainfield is between the attacker and the ball at all times, and therefore is in control. The studs are up in the fourth photo.. thanks for the evidence!

He was a the side of the line of the play, not in between and ran across the challenge and tripped himself over.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »

He was a the side of the line of the play, not in between and ran across the challenge and tripped himself over.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:17 AM »
I am 2,500 miles away I can clearly see what happened.....

Ball going to keeper, he comes to comfortably collect, meanwhile defender steps across to protect the ball from the oncoming attacker, who is late and never going to get the ball - never closer than 3/4 yards to the ball - takes out the defender, very late, never going to get the ball and gets a red.

If only you ate more carrots  :dan you'd be able to see it for what it was.  :bunny

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »
Those photos do the opposite of what is intended.  I originally thought he was unlucky and just over eager.

With this one being the one most damning.  In the players defence, he did pull away from the follow through, but too little too late after lunging from that far away after the ball had gone.  It's just a good job Bazzas old limbs managed to jump himself out of the way, it could have been worse, although he did have an age between picking the ball up and the player arriving.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.