Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 36851 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
I take it your N0 16 does the same when the defender is sheperding the ball out over the goal line, you know Tiger the one where the defender puts himself between the ball and the line to stop the forward getting to the ball. In your knowledgeable opinion he would be able to launch himself at the ball take out the defender and it's ok because the defender wasn't going to play the ball anyway PMSL.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »
Stanfield was clearly sheperding the ball back to bazza as a defender should do, the tackle was just disgusting

Clearly you've never played football tiger

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
Shepherding the ball out of play is the laziest and worse form of defending and only serves to make a defenders overall game worse. Defenders who do it have a habit of falling over like pansies in the wind to win a free kick when they're challenged by an attacker eager to get the ball.

And, that's exactly what's happened here. Your Lurch rolled around on the floor, got our player sent off and then jumped up and ran around like nothing had happened.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
I am 2,500 miles away I can clearly see what happened.....

Ball going to keeper, he comes to comfortably collect, meanwhile defender steps across to protect the ball from the oncoming attacker, who is late and never going to get the ball - never closer than 3/4 yards to the ball - takes out the defender, very late, never going to get the ball and gets a red.

If only you ate more carrots  :dan you'd be able to see it for what it was.  :bunny

The fourth picture shows Scott within a foot of the ball as your keeper gets in in two hands. 3 or 4 yards would make him 9 to 12 feet away. I have therefore discredited your post as nonsense, so stick your carrots up your ass ;)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Didn't realise it was still half term.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
Stainfield is between the attacker and the ball at all times, and therefore is in control. The studs are up in the fourth photo.. thanks for the evidence!
Picture 4 does indeed clearly show studs up. Picture 6 and 7 show the bottom of the boot (that's the studs tigger) down Stainfields calf. At the game I was 99% certain it was a red and those photos have removed the 1% of doubt.

He's not a troll he's just unhinged...

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
Studs down the calf, rubbish, it's a good job Rosey didn't get on, then we'd have been talking about studs down the calf!

The downside of the Government not funding decent road or rail links to far flung places like Boston and the Fens is that no-one leaves town and everyone goes to home games one week and watches the reserves the next so they don't know how to see a game from an away perspective.

In the first half behind me in the stand was a local who shouted everytime the referee gave us a decision "Let it flow ref" and called him "whistle happy". Oddly he only shouted that when the play was stopped in our favour and never when it was a free kick to Boston.

I'm happy to believe that he typifies the majority of the Boston support and thats why the large contingent behind the goal went absolutely loopy when Scott went for the ball and your defender put himself in the way and ended up getting hurt.

I'm not surprised that no-one will accept that the defender put himself in harms way and engineered the sending off. As our manager said, he'd rather have Scott go for the ball in those situations than be put off by a defender and let the keeper tamely collect the ball.

I'd like to see your defender try that up against a more experienced player and not a 17 year old kid, then if he went down crying he'd stay down.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »
Yeh, good challenge, it's becoming a non contact sport. Unfortunately you can't make those sort of challenges any more ...and it's ruining the game. Nothing better than seeing a keeper flinch! Good facials though Baz!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
The downside of the Government not funding decent road or rail links to far flung places like Boston and the Fens is that no-one leaves town and everyone goes to home games one week and watches the reserves the next so they don't know how to see a game from an away perspective.
Yeah you're quite correct, 20 odd on Saturday and a similar number at both games against you at YS last season. We didn't take 100 to Chelenham  last year to play you (more than the total away following from all 3 games at YS), oh no that was my imagination.  :D :D

Meltdown.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
26 away fans hmmmm! Let's return to the transport debate on the Sunday 1st of April and then see who looks like the fool he clearly is.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
I can't deny that you have your figures right there but if you put it into perspective with both clubs average attendances then you might be able to understand my point. We're probably looking at up to 1000 Boston fans who only watch home games.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
I can't deny that you have your figures right there but if you put it into perspective with both clubs average attendances then you might be able to understand my point. We're probably looking at up to 1000 Boston fans who only watch home games.
Considering 100 went all the way to Cheltenham have a guess at how many go to closer away games. I'll give you a clue, last season it was close on 500 to Alfreton, similar to Gainsborough. At somewhere in between (distance-wise), say Hyde we took 200-250. Still reckon most of our fans onyl watch home games.

Enjoy the meltdown  :D

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

Yet your a city and you struggle to get over 400, we take good crowds away, sometimes outnumbering home fans.

Going back to the sending off incident, he didn't get anywhere near the ball as that was in bastocks hand. If he was lunging for the ball, fair enough but he was nowhere near and caught the defender full on.

What about your team constantly going to the referee and linesman saying they got stuff wrong and having a moan, infact your players got booked for that too

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
It's population of the two towns you should be comparing Gloucester 126,000, Boston 35,000 it's not our fault that 125,700 sit on their backsides sooner than watch you lot. Mind you I woudln't turn up either if I had to listen to your drivel every other week.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR