Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 36845 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Gloucester Match Thread
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
Boston United leading 1-0 at the moment. Ben Fairclough scoring on 32 minutes.

Live commentary continuing on www.endeavourradio.co.uk.

tigerroar

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
I was really impressed with that ginger lad that you had in midfield.

Easily your best player.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »

Easily your best player.

He was just poor all round, even when he was playing for you....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

Easily your best player.

Oh please, he was poor at times but hardly a 'homer'. I've no idea why you had a player sent off though, i was York Street side of the halfway line.
As this was my first game for several weeks i enjoyed it. I still think we don't close down quick enough in the middle of the park though.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

Easily your best player.

.....you mean the one with the black outfit on and a pack of yellow and red cards....? .....
You must have been the only person in the ground who was impressed with him......jeez.....

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »

Easily your best player.

Oh please, he was poor at times but hardly a 'homer'. I've no idea why you had a player sent off though, i was York Street side of the halfway line.
As this was my first game for several weeks i enjoyed it. I still think we don't close down quick enough in the middle of the park though.

He was sent off for a hard and it seemed deliberate and unnecessary follow through with his boot....

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
How much better do we look with a bit of pace in the side?

Why did it take so long for the management to make the changes that were crying out to be made in September?

Well done Wardy, I thought you were superb today. In fact I didn't see a weak link anywhere today even if Rossy is an infuriating little bugger!!!

We look a different side from the miserable shambles we were before Xmas, all for the addition of a couple of young hungry lads and the removal of two of the poorest players we've had since returning to non league.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
The referee was very poor for both sides.  I have to say though I thought Gloucester should have had a penalty when Ward made a challenge in the second half. From my view point towards the York St End it looked pretty blatant but obviously I wa quite a way away.  Did anybody get a clear view of wheter it was or not?   

Thought the young Defence played very well dealing with everything pretty comfortably, both in the air and on the ground.  Gloucester had a fair bit of possesion in our half, but never really looked like scoring.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »
It was stone wall!! But if it had been awarded would they have scored?
Awful challenge on Stainfield, red card justified.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:36 PM »
There wasn't even a foul for the red card. Scott went in 30/50 with the keeper and then Stephen Merchant decided to get in the way to protect the keeper, as defenders do. Scott was stretching for the ball not going in on the defender. If you decide to run across the motorway expect to get hit by a car.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »
There wasn't even a foul for the red card. Scott went in 30/50 with the keeper and then Stephen Merchant decided to get in the way to protect the keeper, as defenders do. Scott was stretching for the ball not going in on the defender. If you decide to run across the motorway expect to get hit by a car.

http://twitpic.com/8om91x

Glaasster are all saints are they.....

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:45 PM »
Best referee of the season for me,he took no crap from whinging players (yellow card for dissent),yes he did keep blowing his whistle a lot but if it's a foul you cannot complain.
Linesmen got 1 decision wrong each so well done too then as well.

How anyone can argue about the sending off is beyond me it was a horrific attempt at getting a ball he had no chance of getting.Hope he gets at least 3 game ban should be 9 game though it was a disgrace.
Shame he spoilt it as it was a good game with both sides playing good football in a enjoyable game.

Never a penalty either (another good decision) 2 players going for ball and falling over 1 trying to get penalty the other a freekick (i call it cheating).

The only blip on the referee was the forearm smash on SWD went unpunished not sure why it was missed maybe ref bottled it as he had just sent the animal off.

So well done to all it's a lot better watching us now the injection of youth is shinning through

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »

http://twitpic.com/8om91x

Glaasster are all saints are they.....

No. It's a mans game and a contact sport.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
How anyone can argue about the sending off is beyond me it was a horrific attempt at getting a ball he had no chance of getting.Hope he gets at least 3 game ban should be 9 game though it was a disgrace.

Rubbish, Scott went for the ball with the keeper and the defender put himself between both player with no intention of touching the ball. If you put yourself in harms way, expect to get hurt.

Terrible decision by the referee.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
That lad 100% deserved a red and 3 match ban, horrible challenge and needless! Bazza took the ball and he dived in from behind knee high with the single intention to injure Stainfield. Disgusting.

Also it was a stone wall penalty that wasn't given - ward's inexperience showing
he was brilliant today though