Author Topic: Dull as Ditch Water When We Aren't Playing !  (Read 4805 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Dull as Ditch Water When We Aren't Playing !
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
Fed up of us never having any games ! If we had any momentum, I hope it hasn't disappeared during our winter break.

So what are people up to instead ? I'm taking in Sunderland v Arsenal tomorrow as ticket prices have been reduced to £20. Long way to go to see a game of footy though !

DL

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dull as Ditch Water When We Aren't Playing !
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
I agree, it's awful, but it has made me think about the clubs revenue whilst we are at York Street and unable to use the facilities other than the Pilgrims Lounge. The extortionate rent still has to be paid yet the ground is like a graveyard without any games. It does seem to me that the sooner the club is in a new stadium that is capable of generating extra income the better. It also appears clear to me that the supporters in some way should be coming together to raise funds to ensure that it happens. When the board begin applying for the grants that will be required, I feel they will have a much better chance of success if it is seen that the clubs supporters are right behind them, and doing their best to make it happen.
Any ideas? 

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
Fed up of us never having any games ! If we had any momentum, I hope it hasn't disappeared during our winter break.

So what are people up to instead ? I'm taking in Sunderland v Arsenal tomorrow as ticket prices have been reduced to £20. Long way to go to see a game of footy though !

DL
I'll be at Shepshed or Rainworth if I'm allowed out...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »
Painting the decking around the hot tub!

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
I shall go down to York St and watch the Reserves, good value normally for a couple of quid, its a 2, O'clock kick off if you are going down.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
Did all the DIY stuff, enough brownie points now for a night on the beer!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »

I was at Shepshed, and wasn't aware that there might have been any other Boston fans there! Did you go Chris B? Not the best of games, but a very heavy pitch contributed. Thought Loughborough were the better of the two sides and probably deserved the 1-0 win?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
I agree, it's awful, but it has made me think about the clubs revenue whilst we are at York Street and unable to use the facilities other than the Pilgrims Lounge. The extortionate rent still has to be paid yet the ground is like a graveyard without any games. It does seem to me that the sooner the club is in a new stadium that is capable of generating extra income the better. It also appears clear to me that the supporters in some way should be coming together to raise funds to ensure that it happens. When the board begin applying for the grants that will be required, I feel they will have a much better chance of success if it is seen that the clubs supporters are right behind them, and doing their best to make it happen.
Any ideas? 
Yes you could sell the Supporter's trust BUFC shares and use as a down payment. Not sure you would get much for them though. I'll give you a pie for them.  Why is not York St being used when the club is not playing at home.? Seems a waste of an asset.
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
[quote   Why is not York St being used when the club is not playing at home.? Seems a waste of an asset.
[/quote]

It is used the reserves were there.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »

I was at Shepshed, and wasn't aware that there might have been any other Boston fans there! Did you go Chris B? Not the best of games, but a very heavy pitch contributed. Thought Loughborough were the better of the two sides and probably deserved the 1-0 win?

Didn't make it to either game in the end - stayed in and watched the ODI instead. Shepshed has been on my list for a while. I'm sure I'll make it there before too long. I might get to Rainworth on Tuesday when they play Grantham. Plenty of decent teams in that league.