Author Topic: In his own little make believe world again  (Read 9413 times)

Stumpy

• View Profile
Re: In his own little make believe world again
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
It WILL happen BG, football has a way of throwing these things up, sooner rather than later.

Wonder if there will be a crowd around him pre-match presenting him with bottles of champagne?  ???

Shodfried

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »
Do you think he'd ever have the front to show his face in this town again?

I know Rodwell has more than once but he wasn't the mouthpiece, he was the puppet.

I think police advice would be for him to stay away, there's too many people out there hate him for it to be safe for him to come to a game here.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
The puppet goes to see the Doc about his poorly knee ;D

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
I have to admit to being stupidly deluded and therefore happy at the return of Scottish Sumo. I did however feel the treatment of our previous management team (Thompson & Redfern) was a total disgrace, two decent football men with honest & integrity who worked wonders in very difficult times.

It did'nt take me long though to see the gloss wearing thin and smell the bullshit, the dressing room was lost, players playing for their own futures and not for the joke set up (Franny Green's words not mine). The figures did'nt add up either with the likes of Joachim, Kirk, Gasgoigne, Whelan and Futcher playing for a club with such modest gates for that level.

Anyway, as we all know it all came crashing down around us and when i read some of his programme notes from his disasterous reign it's embarassing, bullshit, excuses, sad pathetic name dropping (Jan Molby, Brian Talbot, Tony Pulis, Neil Warnock and even Big Keef bless his was accused of being a mate! Poor bugger).

As i sit here now with our team in second place in the league with a fantastic chairman & board, great managers, young & hungry squad of players and above all else a fantasic set of supporters i would'nt swap this for the dark days in a million years. We may never see the football league again and it took me ages to accept our demise but im proud of my club again and everything it stands for.

The Chief

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
Interesting today that the 'Special one' admitted that his team were poor defensively against Grays Athletic but did of course go onto blame this on a glut of injuries and players having to play in the wrong positions (naturally as you do!)
Referee was one S Ross from Boston.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
Fantastic post rocket

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »
Here's some advice to Gould and any others who meet and shake hands with Heavens, Count your fingers to make sure you still have what you started with, remove anything of value from fingers before shaking hands and lastly check your watch is still there and you still have all your gold fillingsin your teeth.