Author Topic: In his own little make believe world again  (Read 9546 times)

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
In his own little make believe world again
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »
I dont like to dwell on the past but as ive got nothing to moan about i thought id post this extract from the crawley observer...... bless him

Much to my surprise I had an old friend pop into The Broadfield Stadium to catch up with me for a chat late last week, he was in the area for a veterans cricket county match.

Here was a man who has managed and coached at the very top level of football, managed his country (Wales) and won the FA Cup as a manager (Wimbledon), it was of course Bobby Gould.

Here is a man I have known for over 15 years, a true gentleman in life and even he was impressed with the stadium and the facilities we have.

Around 18 months ago, Bobby tried to get me to join him in New Zealand where he was coaching but I had to turn that opportunity down as I had already started my project at Crawley Town but I do get the feeling I will work alongside this great man one day.

The Special One
Steve Evans

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Re: In his own little make believe world again
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
He really is a co#k

Shodfried

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »
A complete and utter Steve Evans of the highest order.

And a self confessed liar.

And a convicted criminal.

And a proven cheat.

And people celebrated like we'd won the World Cup when he returned 'home' to BUFC.

Does anyone here stand next to or knows someone who cheered when 'The Messiah' returned?

If you do ask them how they can call themselves fans of Boston Utd, because its beyond me.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:05 PM »
i did,cheer that is,and it wasnt long before i was obviously proved mistaken about the man i was then cheering for.albeit andy i am a boston fan and proud of it....see ya at guiseley lads
"till saturday comes"

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
I doubt very much whether SE is capable of recognizing a 'true gentleman'.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »
I cheered - sorry I'm not good enough to be a "fan" - honestly can't some of you move on and forget the past. We've cut all ties with those crooks and still people moan and moan and fecking moan - can't you people go hide away in some cupboard while the rest of us fans concerntrate on supportting our team. Whether some of us welcomed him or didnt - that don' make us any less of a fan.
We should do an Evans swear like cup on here - mention that wankers name and you have to cough up a £1 donation to the club.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 01:09:59 AM »
I'm with PoL on this one - I was happy when he came back but I didn't understand what he had done first time round. Some of us in better positions..Mr B..should have passed on what we were letting ourselves into. In fact, I'm sure I read on impstalk forum  a while back from someone called "TIKAAB" that he was drawn in when the Evans contingent came back.
And I'll see you on Monday PoL with my pound, half way line Spain Lane.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 06:48:50 AM »

I don't want to put a pound in everytime I use the E word as I'll soon run out of money. So I'll try and find another way to put my point across....

When Avens came back to the club a lot of fans did cheer. But in my opinion that had something to do with the negative football that we'd been playing under Neil Thompson. I don't want to criticise Thommo as he generally did a good job in very difficult circumstances after the points deduction, and his track record with the Leeds Academy has since confirmed his credentials as a good coach. But on the field I felt that we were going out too often "not to lose" as opposed to trying to win. And it wasn't by any means the best football we've ever seen.

Avens had a more attacking style - immediately bringing in the likes of Danny Thomas and David Noble and reinstating fans favourite of the time Mark Angel. The football was much better to watch and so of course some people cheered. Fans may have known that these "better" players were costing more money, but none of us had sight of the club's books and the true extent to which our club was getting into debt only became apparent later.

The return of Avens was a mistake that almost brought about the death of the club. And there's no way that would have been a price worth paying. But I don't think its right to criticise fans for (a) appreciating better football, or (b) not having the benefit of hindsight at the time.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »
Yes a good point, no one could forsee the sheer extent of damage that was to become.

But he is still a co*k

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 09:18:55 AM »
I believed in giving people a second chance, just a shame he took that second chance and threw it back in our faces.

15 yrs he says? So he knew Gould in 1994 when he was where, Stamford?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »
I cheered quite loudly i'm afraid.  Mind you not the first or last mistake i'll make I am sure.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »
A little quote from Ken's "Fans on the Net"

I have been a Pilgrim for 23 years and long to witness again a team parading a championship trophy around York Street. Hopefully this will be achieved under Steve Evans astute leadership. All we need is for the club to get it right off the pitch and all our dreams will be realised. I attend all home games and away games when possible (most Saturdays).

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones?  Hindsight is a wonderful gift.  Some people need to move on and accept that mistakes were made long ago at this club, mistakes that are well on there way to being rectified by far better people than we have had at this club for a while?

Shodfried

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
What a surprise, that line's dragged out again...... >:(  That was written in 1998, a long while before all the rubbish came out, but lets not let that get in the way eh?

The fact is only an idiot, or as it turned out a bunch of idiots could see what would happen when he came back. Sadly too many people were in his pocket or happy to listen to his shit over the sensible comments of others to see what was coming. By the time it was clear he and his gang had bugger all interest in the club and were only here to fill their pockets it was too late. The only positive out of it all is the majority of the superfans who latched onto the club for 3 or 4 years thankfully fecked off back to their previous lives.

At least when I walk into York St and see us in this fecking shit Unibond League my conscience is clear, there's plenty who can't say the same.......

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »
Shodfried wonder who were those two idiots in Spain Lane with the anti Evans banner ;D
Any way would the NZ passport control allow a fraudster and cheat in their country?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »
Its going to be a pretty incredible atmosphere when we play his team...