Author Topic: What's Happened To Stalybridge ?  (Read 2062 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
What's Happened To Stalybridge ?
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
Has our difficult 'run-in' just become a little easier ?

I see that Stalybridge haven't won a league game since they beat us at the start of December and and have also let in 15 goals in their last 4 league games.

DL

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happened To Stalybridge ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »

Didn't realise they were in that bad a form.  Hyde don't seem to be fairing that well lately either.  What money Guiseley (newly rejuvenated with Walshaw back) or Massivfax racing to the top late in the season?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
Not surprised, as I said after I saw them beat us 3-0 thought it flattered them and was underwhelmed by them, see here:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ddd5c051b2d0e51699628790a5d435d6&topic=3008.0

Personally think they had 2 very quick and clinical forwards in Jennings and Marsh, now they've lost Jennings if teams can keep Marsh quiet then they can keep Staly quiet. I expect them to drop out of the top 5...

wilko559

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
Not surprised, as I said after I saw them beat us 3-0 thought it flattered them and was underwhelmed by them, see here:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ddd5c051b2d0e51699628790a5d435d6&topic=3008.0

Personally think they had 2 very quick and clinical forwards in Jennings and Marsh, now they've lost Jennings if teams can keep Marsh quiet then they can keep Staly quiet. I expect them to drop out of the top 5...
To be honest they could have a comeback a few games down the line. Take us for example we were losing and drawing and hardly anybody had faith till be won. Then the squad and supporters faith has been boosted. But we will have to wait and see how the season pans out
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:51:13 PM by wilko559 »