Author Topic: Well done to all!  (Read 7348 times)

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: Well done to all!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
It was good to see the team carry on the good work from the Nuneaton game in what was a thoroughly deserved win. Chris Mackensie , the Corby keeper had a blinder, saving a swerving Danny Sleath shot , an Ian Ross effort and putting Newsh's shot onto the bar in the second half.  Without him in goal we wouldn't have had to rely on a last minute winner. Both their centre backs and a midfielder were built like brick**** houses, playing long balls would have made life easy for them.(And given the crowd neck ache)  It was good to see our passing football and nimble forward line get the upper hand.
A real positive was how well our front three linked up with the midfield, SWD helps no end in this respect as you rarely see him lose the ball and his passing is accurate.  Ben Fairclough deserved his winner after such an excellent performance. Well done all.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
Talking to a Corby supporter last night he said " that's the best team I have seen here all season, you deserved the win "
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
Talking to a Corby supporter last night he said " that's the best team I have seen here all season, you deserved the win "

I had a few say a few funny lines at half time to, most was positive comments towards the team, But the best one was from a steward asking if we had raided a local nursery as he commented on how young and hungry the team looked and made a point of pointing out the stark difference of the reverse match in wich he attended and thought we was raiding Care homes..

I Have to agree with him.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »
and what a great bumch of staff and stewards there today.  Had some very good banter withthe bar staff, the stewards and the woman of the ticket gate let us in ona family ticket for £20  a saving of £13 on the day!!!

What a great day out.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Well done lads. No coincidence fpr methat we put in our best back to back performances of the season without Fairclough, Austin and Hall whom have been our biggest downfall for the last six months.

And no coincidence that this improvement comes after the managers have spent a bit of time on the bench, watching the game from a manager's perspective.  First Canners missed a couple of games with injury, then Jason has been on the sidelines.

It's got to help, as we seemed to be struggling and lacking ideas of how to change things whilst they were both playing every week.  A player manager is OK as long as he has a trusted assistant on the bench, because you can't concentrate on your own game and see everything you need to see as manager while you are playing.  If we can keep at least one of our managers off the pitch for every game, I'd be more confident in their ability to manage the team.

Just hope the weather holds off and allows us to continue our improved form on Saturday

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Must agree BP! With the help from the fitness coach the management team is producing the winning formula!