Author Topic: Trusting Trust Officials  (Read 4347 times)

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
Trusting Trust Officials
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
Sorry to drag this previous posting up again regarding Ferret & Rooster. But I am still curious to know what happened to sour the relationship. From afar it seemed to me Mark was prepared to question the old regime by standing up in forums and annoying the likes of Rodwell for the good of the loyal fans but then it all went downhill. I get the impression it could be to do with self interest/Oldrids but that has not been made clear. Seems we need to all work together. Anyone shed any light?
Thanks

I'm curious to know what happened with you two.
From reading the forums over many years I know that you used to travel to games together on the train along with a fine wine. You had some hospitality at the New England and a photo taken with big Jason in your suits.
Where did it all go wrong?
I recall Rooster suddenly emerging in a flurry of emails, Mark asking all the right questions of the Evans gang, but then suddenly starting to annoy folk with his postings. There are ways of asking a Sir Cookie a question ... the recent posting wasn't it. As we know it's difficult enough getting volunteers to sit on committees.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trusting Trust Officials
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
I think basically what happened was that a group of fans got together and formed the Trust when it became clear that Lavaflow were a serious threat to the club. Mark played a huge part in getting it going (for which he deserves credit); he arranged the first meeting at the garden centre and really drove it forward in the early days. But then he went a bit bonkers and started antagonising Jon Sotnick to the point where the Trust was, to the average fan, somehow contriving to look like the bad guys. Sotnick went running to the papers and used Mark's actions to discredit the Trust - which everyone knew he would. Several people asked Mark to stop, and of course he didn't. Eventually, most of the original board fell out with him, quit and left him to it.

And then Rodwell pissed on his shoes.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »
Just one thing, He never stood up to Rodwell and co at a forum, He got others to do that.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
I think basically what happened was that a group of fans got together and formed the Trust when it became clear that Lavaflow were a serious threat to the club. Mark played a huge part in getting it going (for which he deserves credit); he arranged the first meeting at the garden centre and really drove it forward in the early days. But then he went a bit bonkers and started antagonising Jon Sotnick to the point where the Trust was, to the average fan, somehow contriving to look like the bad guys. Sotnick went running to the papers and used Mark's actions to discredit the Trust - which everyone knew he would. Several people asked Mark to stop, and of course he didn't. Eventually, most of the original board fell out with him, quit and left him to it.

Think you've summed things up rather finely Mr B..you've missed out a few things.......the "headbutt" in the social club that never happened, the "visit" to the estate agents that never happened and wasn't the first meeting in Keith Floyd's front room?

Louth Pilgrim - think you need to get out more?

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:25 AM »
Thanks to the 3 of you and for your stirling voluntary work for the Club too.
I will try to get out more.
That has cleared things up, I think from the earlier Finance thread some others who weren't party to all the facts were also curious.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »

Think you've summed things up rather finely Mr B..you've missed out a few things.......the "headbutt" in the social club that never happened, the "visit" to the estate agents that never happened and wasn't the first meeting in Keith Floyd's front room?

Louth Pilgrim - think you need to get out more?

I was referring to the first formal public meeting of the steering group. I know that Lee held all the preliminary meetings at his house. I didn't attend any of those so have no idea how involved Mark was at that point.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »
Wasn't the first formal meeting in the Assembly Rooms - I remember it being the day George Best succumbed to alcohol poisoning and we started the meeting with a tribute video?

25th November 2005 according to Wikipedia.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
Wasn't the first formal meeting in the Assembly Rooms - I remember it being the day George Best succumbed to alcohol poisoning and we started the meeting with a tribute video?

25th November 2005 according to Wikipedia.

No idea, I'm just thinking of the meeting where the constitution was read through and voted on. And perhaps signed?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »
I went to KF house a few times and also a room above Insiders near Tates!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
I went to KF house a few times and also a room above Insiders near Tates!
Guess what company owns that property?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/