Author Topic: So, Non Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that great performance?  (Read 4459 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Come on you Pilgrims! A few new players in today and a great showing. Couple of matches under the belt and all is sunny.  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

wilko559

• View Profile
Great performance today considering the conditions. Whole squad should be proud. Unfortunate to have goal disolowed :(. Brillient performance today hope they keep this positive attitude. Let's hope it's a turning point. Don't think we can get to play offs but can only try!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
A good display against a negative side, and very unlucky not to have scored two goals. The melee in the first half couldn't have been closer (check http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/), and although not sure personally as I wasn't watching LC as the shot was struck, on another day Constantine would have had his goal allowed.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Really lifts you when we have a committed performance like today. Well done J & L you've sorted it  :) 

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Amazing, no comment from the main Negativist's  yet...........        :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I only saw one new player!

woad_pilgrim

I personally think one or two are getting carried away. Yes it was a good solid performance and maybe something to build on, but we still failed to beat and score against, despite their league position a poor team. Their fans expect them to drop down to mid-table and I tend to agree with them.

We had similar performances IMO pre-Christmas and I personally thought the corner had been turned but it turned out to be a false dawn. Let's get a couple of wins under our belt, make ourselves safe from relegation then try to build for next season.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Woadie, I can only see one person getting carried away........

Agree with you, we still need a dozen or so points to breath a little easier but with 2 of the relegation berths already looking sewn up (to teams we've taken a grand total of 5 points off, if ever there was a statistic to condemn the current managers its that one) it will take something dramatic over the next 3 months to see us relegated.

Weather we build on yesterday or fall back into the bad old ways of the last 5 months is anyones guess, but with a team filling up with young, hungry players my glass is half full rather than half empty this morning.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
we have missed you MLF this week, but not surprising after last weeks performance. I assume you have been catching up on the pills.

I for one am happier this morning with a much improved performance.
At last the managers have understood what is necessary.
It is pace and width that will win games in this league

We deserved to win against what I thought was a poor and very negative side. It just shows you how poor the league is this year if they are fifth and Gainsboro sixth. With a good team we would have been in the play offs for sure.

The officials were desparately poor today- probably cost us the win.

All is not rosy though we need 10 points asap as those last 10 games still look very tough. I still think we will be in the bottom half of the league. I hope not, but I am just being realistic

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Caution is required as indicated by previous three  posters . Lee should now realise his place is in the dugout.  Like N/F pleased to see hungry young blood introduced , lets blood more when / if league position is safe .   
As WP says Nunny fans expect the team to slide to mid-table dispite having an increased budget this season .  Goes to show a bigger budget does not guarantee a better team .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

We had similar performances IMO pre-Christmas and I personally thought the corner had been turned but it turned out to be a false dawn. Let's get a couple of wins under our belt, make ourselves safe from relegation then try to build for next season.

A good performance yesterday, but I don't think anybody is getting carried away yet. However, if we start to put a decent run together then anything is possible in this division  8)

Tony Goor

• View Profile
Yes, that was a lot better on Saturday.  Let's hope the corner has been turned, but it does surprise me that with all the performances lacking in interest and energy from the players that everyone shpuld be happy prior to this!!  Even Craig commented that there were no moaners on the Live coverage.  At least some were at the match.  And, of course, Arkwright in Open All Hours used to complain about his customers . . . should United really be doing the same?