Author Topic: Jason Lee - As a Player  (Read 5240 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Jason Lee - As a Player
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »
He isn't actually very effective - unless getting on to headers in the opposition six yard box.

I'm sure he is a lovely chap and I know he seems desperate to play but if you analyse his performances then he adds very little to the team as a whole. He rarely creates chances out of nothing, he doesn't run at defenders, he doesn't actually hold the ball up that well for a big man and his flick-ons rarely find a Boston player - and when they do it's never in a goalscoring situation. And he's been getting in quite a few tangles with his opponents recenty which does nothing to help the team.

I think it's now time for him to concentrate on managing. If he sat up in the stand for a game then he might just get a different perspective on what is happening across the team. The only time he should be used is if we are chasing a game and we need some height in the box for the last ten minutes - or perhaps as an emergency centre half.

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Lee - As a Player
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
I agree with everything you say apart from holding the ball up as several times this season i have seen holding the ball in around the middle then laying off when sleath or a wide player has got there.

The big factor with him in the team is he makes the easy option of route 1 Making us a all to predictable team

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
Spookily I was thinking that on the way home on Saturday.  I don't recall a shot or header on target and surely as a forward that is at least the number one job ?  

He wins and holds the ball up but too often as on Saturday his presence leads to an easy option for the centre backs to launch it to him ufortunately the rest of the team are some way away when he receives the ball and we loose possession, or the flick on goes to no one in particular with the same end result.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
Maybe he could retrain as a Zidane type midfielder . . or central defender , but can't see him lasting the season  . as a player .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »
He should be our plan B. SWD and Newsham up front, with Lee coming on for the last 20 minutes if required.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:25 PM »
Fans never like or appreciate a target man, but most managers put one in.  We've been here before and we'll be here again and again, but at this level you will be one hell of a side if you can get something out of every game without one.  Whether Lee is the answer I'm yet to be convinced of. Saturday he simply wasn't one it, but there have been games where he has won everything and teams have simply given up and battled for the 2nd ball instead.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »
he doesn't run at defenders

No 40 year old centre forward is going to be able to run at defenders. Even the likes of Ryan Giggs still playing at 38 doesn't run at defenders like he used to. Jason Lee can still do a job as a target man at this level and 7 goals this season from a target man isn't too bad. On the pitch he's certainly putting in 110% however I do get the feeling he's trying to be superman playing and managing and the club may do better if he focused on managing alone. Scott and Hurst could have played for us and done a job, however they may have had less success whilst they were here by diluting their time between playing and managing.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:15:13 AM »
he doesn't run at defenders

No 40 year old centre forward is going to be able to run at defenders. Even the likes of Ryan Giggs still playing at 38 doesn't run at defenders like he used to. Jason Lee can still do a job as a target man at this level and 7 goals this season from a target man isn't too bad. On the pitch he's certainly putting in 110% however I do get the feeling he's trying to be superman playing and managing and the club may do better if he focused on managing alone. Scott and Hurst could have played for us and done a job, however they may have had less success whilst they were here by diluting their time between playing and managing.
glad you typed all that out! saved me doing it :)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
Since making this post, Jason hasn't played. I'm glad he reads this forum :)

In all seriousness, If he'd been on the pitch on Saturday he may have had a few goals from all the corners we had !

DL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
Just send him on for the corners then DL.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
Looks like Danny you could make a good manager!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
I would employ Keith Floyd as the team chef  :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
Could I be the fitness coach?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
You look similar to the current one, so yes. Seamless transition :)

wilko559

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Jason can make a few good flicks on with his head but the problem is no one is there to get on the end off them. We really need the likes of SWD by his side and running on to the flicks.