Author Topic: Friendly v Quorn (17th Jan)  (Read 3236 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Friendly v Quorn (17th Jan)
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
Let's hope the managers use the session to try and help us get back on track. Treat it as an up-tempo training session. No player allowed more than three touches and the ball not above head height.

DL

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly v Quorn (17th Jan)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »

I'm only six miles from Quorn and there is a very hard frost here tonight - as was the case last night. The weather is going to have to improve significantly over the next 24 hours - otherwise I doubt the game will take place. Quorn's home match last Saturday was called off - and that was for a 3.00pm kick-off.

If the game does go ahead, then Quorn are advertising it as free entry ...

http://quornfc.com/news.htm

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »
.....is it on ESPN or Sky?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
Off
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

Predictable, given the weather.

Tonight's game might have been a useful exercise, as there are clearly one or two players who need match time and one or two areas of our game that need to be worked up. Defensively we haven't really been tight since the departure of Alan White, so it would have been good to try one or two things out in a match situation where the result doesn't really matter.

I know Quorn were advertising the game as "free entry", but presumably they were hoping to take some additional revenue over the bar? That being the case, coinciding the fixture with a televised (ESPN) FA Cup tie between Leicester City and Nottingham Forest (the biggest two clubs locally) might not have been the best idea. Maybe the postponement is a blessing in disguise for them, and it'll do them more good if the game still goes ahead but on a different date?

I've seen a few of the local EvoStik South sides this season including Quorn on two or three occasions. They're having a poor season and are in danger of relegation and, from what I've seen, I wouldn't expect them to have significantly stretched us. Loughborough Dynamo on the other hand are flying up the table at the moment, and Grantham and Stamford are both having good seasons in that division. Any of these might offer a better training exercise. But then presumably our managers' working relationships with those clubs' managers aren't as strong as with Lawrie Dudfield at Quorn?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
Shame they ain't doing well really would really like it to work out for Lawrie, Not had the best few years in football but always looked like he had been playing every week when he was helping us out, Some people bat on about returning players but i take my hat of to him, he is one player i would have playing at york street anyday

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
 In that case .. let's just argue amongst ourselves then  . .

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
Can we have Lawrie back then if things ain't going well as a manager