Author Topic: Current Form... Not looking good folks !  (Read 15454 times)

milo1972

• View Profile
Current Form... Not looking good folks !
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
Mid table mediocrity, Out of the FA Trophy and One win in the last six matches along with some very disappointing home performances.......

Oh to be a Boston United Fan !

Season is over unless we end up in a relegation battle ( sincerely hope not ! )

Where do we go from here ????

Very worried supporter   :(

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Current Form... Not looking good folks !
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
Where indeed mate?

Next season should start on Monday with the dismissal of the two managers and an enthusiastic search for a capable replacement with experience at this level the bare minimum.

For the season to be basically over in the 2nd week in January is disgraceful and not acceptable for a club of this size. Bollocks to the apologists who bleat on about rent etc, the budget these two have is more than good enough for a top 5 finish. They failed miserably and should pay the price.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »
the budget these two have is more than good enough for a top 5 finish.

Is it? Do we know the budget for sure or are you guessing?

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:37 PM »
Some people really do talk some
bollocks!
We are a small club with a tiny budget and a huge debt! What is difficult to understand!!!! Grrrrrr

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »
Just a minute! I'm sure the chairman stated the budget was only slightly less than last season!am I right in believing a major sponsor has already paid next season money?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »
Just a minute! I'm sure the chairman stated the budget was only slightly less than last season!am I right in believing a major sponsor has already paid next season money?

Dont know about the second bit in regards to a major Sponsor but even if they have it would be wrong to spend it now,

You are correct that our budget was cut between 5 and 10% but its also worth remembering that our budget was only middle par last season we just had 2 guys who could find the right type of players.

For What its worth i don't think we have a bad team apart from a weak defence and poor motivation.

A sponsor would be a idiot to pay up a season up front at Boston. We may well not be here yet!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
[quote author=Bostonshire link=topic=3132.msg41240#msg41240

For What its worth i don't think we have a bad team apart from a weak defence and poor motivation.

[/quote]

So we let in daft goals and then can't be bothered to try and redress the balance?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me!

If the players aren't motivated sufficiently then its time for change in the managerial department, a move I've been advocating for months now.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
Tedious. We are lucky to have a club.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »
Tedious. We are lucky to have a club.

Yes we are, so all the more reason to make a change to prevent the good work of the last 4 or 5 years going to waste.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »
I think the point is made partly by bostonshire "we had two guys who could find the players" something we now haven't got

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
We are lucky to have a club.

Again and again this b*llocks of a line is trawled out. Yes, we are. But we have shown we can compete when "we are lucky to have a club" in the last two years too. The decrease in budget should not change the winning formula. NF has referred to it all night and it is not rocket science to agree with him. You just need a group of young, hungry, winning players at this level. You only have to see on twitter that the team of the last couple of years are still in contact/friends with each other (obviously with some postive and negative banter) and that showed on the pitch.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
The problem with Norty40 is he speaks the truth! It was great to the other day when a official club steward spoke out against the team on Facebook!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »
I dont see NF or KoN offering any potential replacements though, theres no point wasting money by bringing in a new manager to finish slightly higher in midtable.

H&S were lucky in that they could cherry pick the best of their former club, Ilkeston, getting Newsh, Sleath and Church, without them we would never have got promotion from the Unibond.

We may as well stick with the Lee's, worst thing that could happen is that we finish mid-table, best thing is that we may find a winning formula to take into next season.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
I we could end up in the bottom three

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 08:28:22 PM »
You won't find me offering potential replacements, thats for the directors to decide.......they did a good job back in 2009, who had heard of S&H then?

I trust them not to make the same mistakes they made this time in allowing sentimentality to rule over common sense.