Author Topic: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?  (Read 17166 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
Sad reflection of some patter users that Ken has had to make above posting .
Fact of the matter is what ever view you have maybe others will see it from a differant angle ,    the answer is debate with tolerance and maybe a little bit of humour in place of  threats.

I feel the same - well put GHM.
United we stand..................

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
To echo Ken's comments, if you find something particularly abusive use the 'report to moderator' link and we will take it from there.

Personally I always look at it from the viewpoint of 'would I say this to their face', if the answer is no then don't post it.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »

Personally I always look at it from the viewpoint of 'would I say this to their face', if the answer is no then don't post it.

What a load of tosh really!
  :xmashat

The viewpoint here is:  if you can't mix it up a bit and you're are a bit of a wussy - don't come on football forums (fora?).
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »
Sad reflection of some patter users that Ken has had to make above posting .
Fact of the matter is what ever view you have maybe others will see it from a differant angle ,    the answer is debate with tolerance and maybe a little bit of humour in place of  threats.
To echo Ken's comments, if you find something particularly abusive use the 'report to moderator' link and we will take it from there.

Good comments from GHM and MNH. To expand I think it is a sad reflection on society as a whole that people use the fact it's on the  internet as an excuse to do things they wouldn't dream of doing directly to a person's face.

As far as N40's comments go he makes a lot of valid points, they just get lost in his overall perceived negative view. Having met the guy I can say he doesn't come across as negative in the flesh, sometimes the fact written text is so non-emotive makes things sound worse than they are.

End of the day we all want the same thing, a successful BUFC, I don't get what getting personal about someone else's opinions achieves for the club  ???

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
To expand I think it is a sad reflection on society as a whole that people use the fact it's on the  internet as an excuse to do things they wouldn't dream of doing directly to a person's face.

Spot on.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
I am watching this with interest. Andy posted his thoughts on Saturday and was immediately set upon by a small vociferous group who seem to take great satisfaction in subjecting him to torrents of abuse. At least 6 people posted similar comments to Andy's during the course of Saturday evening and Sunday, but this group didn't vilify them for their views, Why I wonder? It seems to me that there could be a concerted and coordinated campaign against Andy. I have reached a conclusion that these people have suffered bullying in the past or are bullies now and that they take great delight in pressurising people.

Interesting...I've just had a look back at Saturday's stuff.
In N40s thread about Chris Hall there are a lot of postings where people disagreed with his view, but most of these postings are quite reasonably put. There are a couple of exceptions, but no more than you would expect on a football forum.

Shoddy's Lane could you direct me to the thread which prompted you to write "I am watching this with interest. Andy posted his thoughts on Saturday and was immediately set upon by a small vociferous group who seem to take great satisfaction in subjecting him to torrents of abuse", so that I can have a look please?  8)  Thanks.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »
I am watching this with interest. Andy posted his thoughts on Saturday and was immediately set upon by a small vociferous group who seem to take great satisfaction in subjecting him to torrents of abuse. At least 6 people posted similar comments to Andy's during the course of Saturday evening and Sunday, but this group didn't vilify them for their views, Why I wonder? It seems to me that there could be a concerted and coordinated campaign against Andy. I have reached a conclusion that these people have suffered bullying in the past or are bullies now and that they take great delight in pressurising people.

In N40s thread about Chris Hall there are a lot of postings where people disagreed with his view, but most of these postings are quite reasonably put. There are a couple of exceptions, but no more than you would expect on a football forum.

Shoddy's Lane could you direct me to the thread which prompted you to write "I am watching this with interest. Andy posted his thoughts on Saturday and was immediately set upon by a small vociferous group who seem to take great satisfaction in subjecting him to torrents of abuse", so that I can have a look please?  8)  Thanks.

Unless stuffs been deleted, it does look that way to me too.  Lots of people saying they disagree and that they thought Hall did ok (me being one of them.)

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
I have known Andy and KON for many years, I do not know Myleftfoot.

Andy is a moaner, that is his nature but he has had to put up with a lot more than most on this forum.  You may not agree with what he says, but what he says he says from the heart.

Kon is a wind up merchant, he always as and always will be, but he means no harm.  He justs winds everyone up.

I do not know what to make of Myleftfoot, he has certain undertones of someone who used to post on here under several guises.

This is an open forum and 90% of the time it is used properly and I would hate to go back to the time when the Patter had to keep it's head down for a period of time.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »
I have known Andy and KON for many years, I do not know Myleftfoot.

Andy is a moaner, that is his nature but he has had to put up with a lot more than most on this forum.  You may not agree with what he says, but what he says he says from the heart.

Kon is a wind up merchant, he always as and always will be, but he means no harm.  He justs winds everyone up.

I do not know what to make of Myleftfoot, he has certain undertones of someone who used to post on here under several guises.

This is an open forum and 90% of the time it is used properly and I would hate to go back to the time when the Patter had to keep it's head down for a period of time.

Dipdodah, you seem very candid, I like that  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »

The other thread reminded me about this one. We never got an answer about these mysterious posts that Shoddy mentioned...a bit strange really  ???

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Nothing strange or mysterious my friend. I was making a personal observation. Look back at the archived posts of whoever you think were the culprits and come to your own conclusions.You can do this by clicking on their profile and viewing all their previous posts. It seemed to quieten them during the week, but they seem to be gaining confidence again. Tick tock, tick tock.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
Problem is Shoddys Lane, I have no idea who these other people are, and I haven't the time to go trawling through random username postings.
I just thought that as you had been 'watching this with interest' it might be simple enough to direct me to the threads that had prompted you to make your personal observation.
You can always pm the details if you like  8)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
I give up  ???
I guess we will never know just what all the fuss was about  :dan

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
Shoddy, at long last your posting is starting to make sense.  ;D
There would appear to be the start of a 'concerted and coordinated campaign' on the Andy Scott thread.
Are these the people who have suffered bullying in the past or are bullies now and take great delight in pressurising people?
They seem to be gaining confidence, could be time for you to re-start your clock and quieten them again...tick tock, tick tock, etc...  

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 08:11:09 AM »
Unless there is stuff that has been removed overnight then I assume you refer to
Minimum 3 years, within three months some were on our guys back despite it being their first jobs.   ;D ;D

Personally I'd like to see managers given a minimum 3 years in a job, then you've time to mould things how you want......I don't think Andy Scott had been with the Millers for more than 12 months, is it really possible to turn things around in that short a time frame?

Next season should start on Monday with the dismissal of the two managers and an enthusiastic search for a capable replacement with experience at this level the bare minimum.

No personal attack there, just felt the need to point out the hypocrisy that sometimes is aired on here.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:13:25 AM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.