Author Topic: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?  (Read 17201 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
Be nice to be in a position to take the missus shopping....... :'( :'(

Think before you post, we're not all in the fortunate position of having our spouses with us.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
woad pilgrim...what are you on !!!!  "Bazza is a good shot stopper but he is not vocal" ?!!!!!  well i am close to him every home game and i get ear ache after the end of the game. so maybe next home game stand behind the goal and open your lug holes ! 
Well something's not right, at Eastwood a long ball is punted forward, Jordan Faitclough with his back to goal can do one of the following:

1) Head the ball out for a corner
2) Leave the ball for Bazza who is a foot behind him
3) Not get a call from Bazza, head the ball back towards goal (where he thinks Bazza is) only to turn round and see he has headed it over Baz into the path of the Eastwood player who taps it into an empty net.

Last night, a cross comes in, Jordan is facing the Fantasy Island stand where the cross has come from, Bazza is a foot behind him and no Stortford player is in the box. Jordan doesn't let it run through for Bazza for the easy claim but hoofs it away (I think he gave possession back)

These aren't isolated incidents either, when hopeful punts come through our defence are like rabbits caught in the headlights, they smash the ball away when probably 50% of the time the ball would go safely through to the keeper if they get the shout. I like Bazza he's a legend and still think he has something to offer, but I think gaps are beginning to appear in his play, he's spilled 1 too many shots just recently for my liking as well.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »
I was stood behind the goal at Eastwood when JF headed the ball past Bazza to give away a goal. I didn't hear Bazza call for the ball, did anyone else?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
Anyway what do I know about football, I just want to go and be entertained and If my team isn't as good as the other but the teams put a decent display in a were not completely out of their depth then you can't ask for much more than that but that isn't what we are getting and I do think with the gates decreasing and the results dropping that the chairman may make a change.

One of the main reasons for the falling crowds is the lack of entertainment - most people would keep going if there was something entertaining to watch.  It doesn't have to be 4-3 every week, but we need to have a go.  

There has been precious little entertainment all season - probably as bad as the season we finished 2nd in the NPL (the year we didn't file the correct paperwork).  The football that season was dire and most matches were attritional low-scoring affairs - sound familiar?  But even in that season we were able to defend and got enough 1-0 wins to finish 2nd.  This season we can't stop teams scoring, and don't have much attacking threat - we just don't make it difficult enough for teams at either end of the pitch.

The only game I can really remember being entertaining this season was Hyde in the Trophy (I guess the Boxing Day one was entertaining, but didn't see that).  Comments from the management after the Hyde game suggested we had a plan to work hard to close them down and get into them - "work hard and get into them" would be a decent approach to every match, but we just don't seem to be able to do it.  Look at the way Blyth constantly closed us down on Saturday - we just didn't do the same when they had the ball!  

I had the same thought as KON (worrying!) - I fear a 4 or 5 goal defeat on Saturday, after which there will surely need to be a change.    

I find it unbelievable that we haven't signed a proper striker all season - when he came back last season, I'm sure Jason didn't want or expect to be playing every week, but now he is doing that through his own choice.  He can't play effectively week in week out at his age and it's starting to show.  Newy is having a decent season but needs a target man to feed off.  From what I saw of Constantine on Saturday (and heard about last night), he's not the answer.

Most worrying of all are the managers' comments after matches - a lot of talk about going in the right direction, playing better football, being 10 times better than we were at the start of the season etc.  Sorry, I know they are trying to be positive, but I just don't see it - we have some decent players but the performances have not improved.  Are we any better now than we were after Solihull (H) or Kidsgrove?

If the managers genuinely think this, they need to spend more time on the sidelines watching the matches rather than playing in them - interesting that Canners gave the players more of a public blast when he'd been watching from the bench instead of playing - would he have been quite as scathing if he'd been playing himself?

I know the forum is full of people moaning at the moment, so sorry to add another one to it, but we do it because we care and it is just so frustrating to see the club that we love playing the way they are at the moment.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Burton Pilgrim! Must second your opinions! Football is an entertainment business.If there's no entertainment how do you expect the public to scrape the £12 to watch rubbish?Just hope Constantine never has the chance to wear the shirt again! Im not the biggest Mick Stones fan BUT I would sooner see somebody who puts 110% effort even they are not the perfect footballer than Constantine!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »
Burton Pilgrim! Must second your opinions! Football is an entertainment business.If there's no entertainment how do you expect the public to scrape the £12 to watch rubbish?Just hope Constantine never has the chance to wear the shirt again! Im not the biggest Mick Stones fan BUT I would sooner see somebody who puts 110% effort even they are not the perfect footballer than Constantine!

Please see Shoddys other post ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
Amazing, no comment from the two main apologists yet...........

Goodness, here's hoping I'm not one of those! :)

My dear Andy, I was just tempted to say sorry, and I can't understand what you're saying... I'm wearing a moron filter.  ;)  

However, I must refrain and keep my manners as best I can! Therefore, I am happy to oblige and make comment. You’re the best at everything you try. You are indeed a success in all you do and have the ego to match, and I and others reading these pages know this.  

The Chestnuts are not here to try to get the club to be just as you want it! Let’s just think, David Newton’s first thoughts are, I should not let Andy Butler down! I think not. He has pulled this club from the abyss you plant pot.  :)

A little local trouble is evident. The evidence is apparent and not denied, though the support required in troubled time should be cemented.

My best advice to you old dear, is that you carry on with your personal delusions of adequacy. I now have further business to do and must hurry orf.  

Maybe you should go into that corner and finish evolving?  ;D

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." -Oscar Wilde

“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Perhaps at the next Saturday home game you'd like to meet myself and KoN before or after the game......you know, perhaps you'd like to explain this problem you have with us both? We're both about from about 2pm, we'd love to hear you tell us to our faces why you think its fine to come on here and add nothing to any postings anyone makes other than snide and unwarranted digs at us both....... and just to add we're both men in our early 40's so we're a bit past the ambushing stage and certainly we're not of the Evans gang genre of having a few mates behind us ready to give you a kicking........I'm just intrigued to know why you see fit to abuse me and KoN on here at every given opportunity.....?

The above post from you is nothing short of scandalous, you add nothing to the current debate about the team and I wonder if you even attend games such is your scant knowledge of the team and indeed previous games.

I'd also be interested to know why admin allow such vitriol to be posted against individuals.......indeed what are the rules for the forum regarding this kind of stuff? It'd be nice to see it clarified and yes, I've been guilty of abuse on here, I'm the 1st to hold my hands up, but not of the sustained and vitriolic variety the above poster seems to get away with on a daily basis.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
I am watching this with interest. Andy posted his thoughts on Saturday and was immediately set upon by a small vociferous group who seem to take great satisfaction in subjecting him to torrents of abuse. At least 6 people posted similar comments to Andy's during the course of Saturday evening and Sunday, but this group didn't vilify them for their views, Why I wonder? It seems to me that there could be a concerted and coordinated campaign against Andy. I have reached a conclusion that these people have suffered bullying in the past or are bullies now and that they take great delight in pressurising people.

If you remember Andy, I suffered a similar campaign against me a few years ago, at least one of your protagonists  delighted in having a go at me, positively wallowing in my discomfort I wasn't well at the time and this constant sniping through posts and PM's really made me ill. Fortunately a few of the Patterers rallied to my support and I managed to stop it. I also offered to meet the head Honcho of the group and buy him a meal, but he declined the offer. I am pleased to say that the turd appears to have been flushed down a sewer of his own making.

What I did Andy, was to copy all derogatory posts PM's and emails, deposited them with my solicitor and issued a warning that action would be taken against the parties involved if the abuse didn't stop. My general warning was that a clock had been set ticking and could be stopped anytime

Perhaps the "gentlemen" concerned would like to explain why they are attacking you and not other people who post  similar views.

Remember, there is a law against this sort of thing.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
Perhaps at the next Saturday home game you'd like to meet myself and KoN before or after the game......you know, perhaps you'd like to explain this problem you have with us both? We're both about from about 2pm, we'd love to hear you tell us to our faces why you think its fine to come on here and add nothing to any postings anyone makes other than snide and unwarranted digs at us both....... and just to add we're both men in our early 40's so we're a bit past the ambushing stage and certainly we're not of the Evans gang genre of having a few mates behind us ready to give you a kicking........I'm just intrigued to know why you see fit to abuse me and KoN on here at every given opportunity.....?

The above post from you is nothing short of scandalous, you add nothing to the current debate about the team and I wonder if you even attend games such is your scant knowledge of the team and indeed previous games.

I'd also be interested to know why admin allow such vitriol to be posted against individuals.......indeed what are the rules for the forum regarding this kind of stuff? It'd be nice to see it clarified and yes, I've been guilty of abuse on here, I'm the 1st to hold my hands up, but not of the sustained and vitriolic variety the above poster seems to get away with on a daily basis.

Hello. Well that's very Anglo-Saxon Andy! Lovely to hear you and KON are close. Oh, how I hark back to being in my 40's. Never done a blind date before. My posts speak for themselves. I abhor the negative, always have my dear. It's served me well. Is your glass half full?

Oh, and Shoddys I'm not well either.  :(

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
Perhaps at the next Saturday home game you'd like to meet myself and KoN before or after the game......you know, No I don’t know, please explain? perhaps you'd like to explain this problem you have with us both? I'm feeling a bit bullied here! However, negative views are contagious. We're both about from about 2pm, we'd love to hear you tell us to our faces why you think its fine to come on here and add nothing to any postings anyone makes I regularly comment on others posts other than snide and unwarranted digs at us both....... and just to add we're both men in our early 40's so we're a bit past the ambushing stage Phew, that’s good to know, did you use to do that then? and certainly we're not of the Evans gang genre of having a few mates behind us ready to give you a kicking....... Even better, thanks .I'm just intrigued to know why you see fit to abuse me and KoN on here at every given opportunity.....Someone has to counter the negative comments?

The above post from you is nothing short of scandalous,Well, that’s not how I see it, where’s you sense of humour? you add nothing to the current debate about the team and I wonder if you even attend games Seasons ticket holder for many a year and rarely miss a match such is your scant knowledge of the team and indeed previous games.

I'd also be interested to know why admin allow such vitriol to be posted against individuals......You are not beyond reproach indeed what are the rules for the forum regarding this kind of stuff? It'd be nice to see it clarified and yes, I've been guilty of abuse on here, Correct, and with pm’s  I'm the 1st to hold my hands up, but not of the sustained and vitriolic variety the above poster seems to get away with on a daily basis. Not  sustained or daily, in fact having had a professional take a view of my posts (no pm’s or emails) to everyone over months I’m ok.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:57:42 PM by myleftfoot »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 06:35:34 AM »
I apologise unreservedly for calling you a plant pot.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »

It should all be governed by the "Registration Agreement" that each user has to accept before signing up on Patter. The key bits being given below. Me and the other admins don't have the time to continuously monitor everything that's posted on Patter so it's up to anyone who thinks there is something abusive posted to inform us so we can make a judgement and remove posts, ban or reveal the identity of offending members etc. However, this is hassle that we could do without. You should all know by now what's right and wrong so just please behave!

BANS
We reserve the right to ban any user for whatever reason it sees fit without warning. By accepting this agreement, you agree that you have absolutely no automatic right to access the forum and that we may deny your registration for whatever reason we like.

You also agree that even if you are a member of the forum, your account may be cancelled or suspended at any time by the site administrator for any reason. You also agree that if your account is cancelled or suspended, you will not bombard us with e-mails spouting tiresome nonsense about 'democracy' and 'freedom of speech'.

The bottom line is simply this: the forum is not the House of Commons. You do not have automatic rights of access. We can withdraw your access whenever we so choose.

THE SMALL PRINT - The generic bit
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, racist, spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

The posted messages express the views of the author. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realise that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »
Sad reflection of some patter users that Ken has had to make above posting .
Fact of the matter is what ever view you have maybe others will see it from a differant angle ,    the answer is debate with tolerance and maybe a little bit of humour in place of  threats.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
Andy-- I would just ignore him. He is obviously a sad individual and gets pleasure from winding people up. Most  of the sensible people on the patter think he is rediculous. I wonder if I donate him the shirt I have won that might shut him up.
I doubt it!!!