Author Topic: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?  (Read 17167 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Go on.........you've been telling me I'm wrong about the management all season, put a positive spin that.

Tell me where we go from here.

Even Craig sounded exasperated on Utd Live and he's normally pretty positive even when things are pretty ominous.

I'm shocked but not surprised, I thought Saturday was the low water mark for the season, seems this side keeps proving me wrong.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
Re: So, Happy Clappers, care to make your excuses for that shambles?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »
The chicken curry and chips was excellent tonight.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
The chicken curry and chips was excellent tonight.
Not forgetting the Cornish pasties Michael  ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
I think that will be the end for the managers after we lose on Saturday!

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »
Soup was good ??

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
pleasant evening

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
I think that will be the end for the managers after we lose on Saturday!

Wtf are you on?

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »
As bad, if not worse, than anything thrown up in the 08/09 season.

Constantine will hopefully never wear the shirt again - 100% diabolical and has shown nothing so far - not even effort.

B*llocks to the happy clappers and the "season of consolidation" - we are in big trouble. 1 point from home games against Blyth Spartans and Bishop's Stortford is indefensible in any way, shape or form.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
Bishops Stortford sorted Guiseley out on Saturday don't forget.

Anyway, regardless of what they did tonight, Boston were dreadful. No tactics, no idea and absolutely no confidence. It's not all bad news as we do have some decent players. What we do need though is an experienced but not over the hill centre half. A right back. A Church type midfielder and a bigger, more mobile front man. Then some kind of game plan.

I think Lee and Canoville need to decide whether they want to continue playing or become managers. I don't think they are good enough to do both jobs. If they want to play week in week out then they should go and find another team to play for. We need managing properly.

N40. FWIW, I thought Hall did ok tonight when he came on - he must have taken your criticism from Saturday on board !

DL

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »
Agree about Constantine, what a lazy...

I have so far defended JL and LC and was prepared to give them a chance as they are inexperienced. They seemed to gradually be getting better players in and shipping out those who weren't quite up to scratch. The football also seemed to be getting better but the last 2 performances have been worse than anything early season. Only difference with tonight is we didn't get the undeserved equaliser we did Sat.

Apart from Constantine there are so many other problems, Bazza is a good shot stopper but he is not vocal, he's not giving the defenders the shout when he is coming for the ball and it panics the defence. Wardy is doing the basics right but his distribution the last 2 games has been dreadful, giving the ball away and kicking it out for throws when under no pressure. The midfield tonight was totally out-battled, they lost pretty much every 50-50. Up front we look toothless. That lsi is not exhaustive either.

As for tactics I'm not really sure what they are, they seem to change from game to game, long ball to JL to trying to pass, I guess the players don't know their ar*e from their elbow. The management need to decide on a tactic and stick to it, I'd say time is running out for them. If results/performances don't improve over the next 2 or 3 league games we could be pulled into a relegation battle and I don't fancy our chances based on the last 2 games. If that where the case then I'd go along with making a change...

I agree we have the basis of a good side, Jelly, Sleath, Milnes, Semple, Ross and Newsh are a good backbone for any side. Ward and J Fairclough have potential but need to be eased into the side not thrown in every game. We need to lose some of the older players, JL needs to concentrate on managing and Austin and Bazza must surely be in their last season...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:23:52 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 11:33:17 PM »
MY first post for a while. I would say I like to see things in a positive way and try to put a positive slant on most things related to BUFC, I'm not a happy clapper because I do see many faults with the team. Now then I am now one of an increasing statistic of fans that have stopped going. I have rarely missed a home league game in 10 years and tonight was the first time I've decided to stay home (infact I was 50/50 in deciding whether to go tonight right up until 15 mins before kick off).

I think people like KON and N40 are a tad extreme in their application of their views towards the club and also fellow fans on here. However essentially MOST BUT NOT ALL they say sadly is right. In my last few posts about three months back I said a certain player was possible the worst full back I've ever seen in a Boston shirt (and I've seen Shane Nicholson play for us) but I didn't name drop because although it was reasonsbly obvious I tried to be fair incase the lad does read this. Well I'm sick of us starting with 10 men each game and essentially playing with no rb. I thought this lad would of been a back up or gone within a few games especially when a central midfielder was chosen over him and with ease out performed him whilst playing out of position (That was Ben Wilkinson). To my utter disbelieve Jordon Fairclough is still playing for us. He can't defend, pass, take a throw in, His psotioning is awful and has no strength, he will run at tangents to avoid going to the ball and has cost us constantly. On saturday Ryan Semple had to save us many times in the position where J.D should of been. I'm afraid this may seem like a personal attack but at the end of the day I want the club to improve and I find it insulting that this lad plays for us. Chris Wood or James Cullingsworth were better options.

I think at times we over play the ball too and maybe should be more direct, not meaning route one or long ball but when in a wide area in the final third of the pitch get the ball in.

I think we now should be looking to change managers, I would like to think L.C will stay on and play on as a player or even player/coach or player/ assistant manager. The season could be turned round, the sad thing is the managers had a decent pool of player already and did add Bazza , Milne, Ross and Ward to that and with three or four more decent signings in key postions we could climb the table, It does look like we seem unsure of how to unlock teams and create enough changes. At the moment the we look our most dangerous when Ian Ross is in possession of a football.

Anyway what do I know about football, I just want to go and be entertained and If my team isn't as good as the other but the teams put a decent display in a were not completely out of their depth then you can't ask for much more than that but that isn't what we are getting and I do think with the gates decreasing and the results dropping that the chairman may make a change. I really hoped J.L would of made a great manager and he may in the future (by learning from his experience not to just go for lazy signings and ex team mates), He was a good player for us in the F.L but something has to change.

I'll don my hard hat now ready for the abuse about mentioning J.F being the worst Full Back ever to don the BUFC shirt but I'm afraid he has had half a season now. Jason Field came on (on Sat) and apart from 2 scuffed clearances into the fantasy island stand did brilliantly so being young isn't an excuse, Infact in 55/60 odd mins of first team football did more than J.F has done all year!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »
TBF Richie JF made a goal saving challenge tonight and did ok. Him and Bazza seem to be constantly getting in a muddle though, Bazza hit one ball against him that nearly went in and another where JF cleared the ball with Bazza right behind him and no defender in sight. No communication between the 2 of them which is probably Bazza's fault.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »
Amazing, no comment from the two main apologists yet...........

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
I began writing a post last night following the game but was so wound up decided to scrub it in case I regretted it this morning. Well I'm still wound up and it is not going to change until some positive moves are made the first of which is the removal of the managers as it appears they have lost the dressing room. Did Jason sign Constantine so that he woudn't have anyone to challenge him for a place? speaking of Jason how the hell does he get to start every game when his performances get worse each game? I have scrapped the plans for Dartford on Saturday and will miss my first game of the season as I fear a humiliation.
On a brighter note I thought Fairclough looked terrific when he came on but I don't expect the managers noticed so we probably won't see him again. It was also good to see and have a word with Thommo although what he thought about the game he had to endure goodness knows.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
woad pilgrim...what are you on !!!!  "Bazza is a good shot stopper but he is not vocal" ?!!!!!  well i am close to him every home game and i get ear ache after the end of the game. so maybe next home game stand behind the goal and open your lug holes !  as for the usual 2 moaners who are already stating we are going to loose on saturday...yeah, well done..thats the spirit. true support and all that.  i agree we are not good, but every team in non league is not man .u or a city.  well take it your both shopping with you missus's this weekend and not going ?