Author Topic: finances  (Read 26278 times)

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: finances
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 12:38:20 AM »
I'm curious to know what happened with you two.
From reading the forums over many years I know that you used to travel to games together on the train along with a fine wine. You had some hospitality at the New England and a photo taken with big Jason in your suits.
Where did it all go wrong?
I recall Rooster suddenly emerging in a flurry of emails, Mark asking all the right questions of the Evans gang, but then suddenly starting to annoy folk with his postings. There are ways of asking a Sir Cookie a question ... the recent posting wasn't it. As we know it's difficult enough getting volunteers to sit on committees.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 09:30:17 AM »
If the finances are so dire, why were the floodlights still on 10-50 pm? Unless of course there was extra training. Seems a waste of electricity, after all, every little helps.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
If the finances are so dire, why were the floodlights still on 10-50 pm? Unless of course there was extra training. Seems a waste of electricity, after all, every little helps.

Have to agree with this remark, Same on sat. Why are they on till 6+ Most clubs have there flood lights within 20 min of the games ending.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
I believe it's Health and Safety reasons! Apparently JB is scared of the dark :-\

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
It's for the action replays

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
It's for the action replays

Should be of by 5 then on a sat and 9.45 on a weeknight as there aint that many

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »

Leon was crawling around looking for his first touch.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »

Maybe we carried on playing after Bishop's Stortford left the pitch. But we still wouldn't have scored.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
Obviously the financial situation is always going to be a concern when we are reliant upon two good men to keep us afloat, but I think we can trust that the Chestnut's are doing their best to keep the club on the straight and narrow.

Two good men? Afloat?  How is plungeing the club into yet more debt a good thing?  BUFC is living beyond its means and has been doing for every year of tenure under the chesNUTS.  These two are no better than Sotnick and Rodwell and still have the same intentions i.e. getting their grubby little hands on Tattershall Road.

Set a budget that can realistically be covered by income (and not loans from property developers).

It will all end in tears ::)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
Is this the first chink in your armour of why you have returned after such a long period away? Could it be that you have been ordered by your brotherhood to attempt to turn the fans against David and Neil? It is common knowledge they have been looking at possible sites for a new stadium, could it possibly be that you and yours fear you will not benefit financially from such a move, indeed, is it possible you could actually lose out. I think the people of Boston realise that the days when individuals or groups of people had the power to veto what happens in the town are long gone.
Comparing David and Neil to those others is contemptable.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »

Two good men? Afloat?  How is plungeing the club into yet more debt a good thing?  BUFC is living beyond its means and has been doing for every year of tenure under the chesNUTS.  These two are no better than Sotnick and Rodwell and still have the same intentions i.e. getting their grubby little hands on Tattershall Road.

Set a budget that can realistically be covered by income (and not loans from property developers).

What a load of shite

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
Obviously the financial situation is always going to be a concern when we are reliant upon two good men to keep us afloat, but I think we can trust that the Chestnut's are doing their best to keep the club on the straight and narrow.

I think the Chestnuts have good intentions for BUFC even if it does mean loaning the club money.
I doubt if many people have got much back after 'loaning' money to football clubs at this level.
There is obviously a limit to how long they can continue to underwrite this shortfall for. 
They probably wouldn't be able to continue if the much talked about double-dip recession really starts to kick-in, the construction industry is usually the first to feel the pinch, and they wouldn't be selling many properties.  :-\

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
And, of course, who were the local mafiosa rumoured to veto any development coming to the town what might jeopordise their own interests?

Who else but the Isaac clan.  Well, well!!!!!

Is the great Scouse chef concerned that any new club headquarters and expected development associated with it could very easily affect said families interests?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
 Can Someone enlighten me as to who the Isaacs are ??
       Think  I may have been told by aged relative in the  the dim and distant  past ..but I've forgotten .
                     f T

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »
Can Someone enlighten me as to who the Isaacs are ??

There's a few mentioned in the History of Oldrids:

http://www.oldrids.co.uk/en-gb/Pages-Customer-Services/about_us/