Author Topic: finances  (Read 26280 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: finances
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
You obviously don't read all the posts on here or the Boston Standard. The rent is £75,000 a year and the Chairman stated that the budget had been cut slightly from last year. When one of the applicants for the managers job applied he wanted a budget of £9,000 and was told that was too high so we can assume the budget is somewhere around £4 to £5 K. On average gates of 1100 you don't need to be Einstien to work out that the Board are funding a large short fall. Not sure what else as a fan we are supposed to know.

You ASSUME THE BUDGET. You obviously know about as much as me, feck all

No you know F**K all I at least know the rent.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

nh83

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
you dont know the true facts, the rent is not £75,000 it is £72,000 as craig singleton said on Pilgrim live.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
At the end of the day its all conjecture......let DN and the board get on with things and let them tell us if there's any problems.......I've confidence in him and the board even if others haven't.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
Sceptics ask yourselfs where would you have been on Saturday afternoons the last four years without Newton .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
 S P . . thanks for giving me a mention .. but I have NEVER  discussed actual finances of BUFC  .
   I don't know them . . or knowingly know any of the proponents .
     I am  an overview man . . not a number cruncher .
       Are U really Mark Isaac and hanging out on Merseyside ??
             regards f T

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »
Or maybe Tony the Crane ? !

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 05:14:56 AM »
The finances of the club ought to be a concern for us all.

The current ownership have done an excellent job in steadying the ship and plugging the leaks. If I continue with the nautical theme, the ship however does not have a port to call home and having hit the iceberg once we still have those has outstanding debts to pay. All this has to be resolved.

Are the Chestnuts going to keep paying out to keep us afloat, with falling attendances the burden that falls upon them may increase not decrease as they had hoped.

How much will relocation cost? Is it self financing or are the owners willing to finance the move?

Perhaps under DN we have become too complacent and expect him to solve all the problems.
Perhaps the task is greater than he originally thought or expected .....?
Assuming there is still a £1 million debt from the Lavaflow days, how is that to be repaid, on top of financing a new ground?

It will soon be March - otherwise known as the silly season on Patter - or perhaps 'satire' is reality?!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »
A little simile. I recently paid for my youngest to do a masters degree. Technically, he owes me money. I have no desire or requirement for that money to be repaid at any time in the future. However, if he won the lottery next week...then I might expect a repayment.

If we'd gone on a good cup run and drawn Man U away in the third round, would anyone begrudge anyone who had invested heavily in our club to recoup a little. By treating such as loans that can be written off rather than donations, it doesn't shut the door on such events.

Disclaimer: I'm not an accountant or claim to know any facts about the BUFC accounts.......just applying a bit of common sense.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
.......just applying a bit of common sense.

Well you can pack that in for a start!

londonpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:53:03 AM »
I have copies of the Boston United Football Club Ltd and Lavaflow Ltd accounts if anyone's interested.

The debt isn't owed to Lavaflow, but the debt each year does seem to increase by roughly the loss we made the previous year. Presumably these are therefore Chairman's loans...? I know Nigel Doughty has the same accounting methods at Forest but doesn't expect the loan to be repayed.

Obviously the financial situation is always going to be a concern when we are reliant upon two good men to keep us afloat, but I think we can trust that the Chestnut's are doing their best to keep the club on the straight and narrow.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
I have copies of the Boston United Football Club Ltd and Lavaflow Ltd accounts if anyone's interested.

The debt isn't owed to Lavaflow, but the debt each year does seem to increase by roughly the loss we made the previous year. Presumably these are therefore Chairman's loans...? I know Nigel Doughty has the same accounting methods at Forest but doesn't expect the loan to be repayed.

Obviously the financial situation is always going to be a concern when we are reliant upon two good men to keep us afloat, but I think we can trust that the Chestnut's are doing their best to keep the club on the straight and narrow.

The debt increase is smaller every year, This would add up to it been chairman,s loans to bridge the short fall each season, As a Bufc fan we have to be happy for to things.

1, He has been willing to do this for the past 3 or 4 season
2, Throu there hard work the amount as been less each year.

Now the down side.

Blind eye to finance or not but there is still a amount and im guessing there will be again this season.
While this is happening one as to think how long will it happen for.
Not much longer i feel,

I watch my wife's Buisness accounts very (Due to me financing the set up and early running of it). We have already made a loss in wich i have covered out my pocket.
We have set out a 3 year plan to bring the buisness to break even at a min or we will be shutting it down.
I fear a similer plan is in place a boston united.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
Good points Bostonshire.

The club's financial position is precarious, no doubt about, both in the short term and longer term.

No one would begrudge the owners taking whatever they can from the club, be it from a cup run or any other source of income, if damage to the team is limited.

My fear is that I see no real end to the problems, short term or long term - decreasing gates even by 100 is not a healthy situation and everyone has their financial limits. Can we expect the Chestnuts to continue to bail out the cub, with no prospect of break even in sight and huge outlay to sustain the club in the longer term?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
My fear is that I see no real end to the problems

As with all debt, it is never 'repaid' just transferred, so you answered the problem with your previous statement. You just need to rearrange the words a little.

Assuming there is still a debt, how is that to be repaid, on top of financing a new ground?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
A little simile. I recently paid for my youngest to do a masters degree. Technically, he owes me money. I have no desire or requirement for that money to be repaid at any time in the future. However, if he won the lottery next week...then I might expect a repayment.

Pleased to see you may have an academic in the family. Suggest you make it quite clear with a contract about what is expected and not expected regarding repayment. Suggest you also agree a future land deal too so you can buy your youngest's first property at a huge discount.  Could all end in tears otherwise.  :rudolph
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:01:15 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »

Pleased to see you may have an academic in the family. Suggest you make it quite clear with a contract about what is expected and not expected regarding repayment. Suggest you also agree a future land deal too so you can buy your youngest's first property at a huge discount.  Could all end in tears otherwise.  :rudolph